Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Could you explain the significance of France getting the contract to supply $30b worth of submarines to Australia. Bearing in mind that’s one of our new market once we’ve stopped freedom of movement on our shores.

I would imagine France put in a more concise and competitive bid than the UK,Did the UK put in a bid?

On our way.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Economy contracted by 0.4 % across all sectors in December. Slowest growth for the last year since 2012.

Project Fear.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think many countries around the world will be looking to forge mutually beneficial trade deals to replace or build on existing agreements

Well so far they have not been rushing to the UKs door now have they? And so what if they do? The cost of transport of goods makes up a big percentage of its final price, buying from your near neighbour makes far more sense than sending stuff around the globe.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Mrs Shingle and I are on a 6 month trip around New Zealand, HK, Singapore and south east asia and everyone I speak to says their governments are chomping at the bit to do business deals with the UK. Don't be scared chaps, its a big wide world out there, everythings gonna be great, a hundred years from now this will be seen as a mere blip in the colourful history of UK PLC.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Theresa of Borg leaving the threat of a *no deal* catastrophe hanging over the British people is obscene.

To actually go through with *no deal* would be pure evil.

As a dyed in the wool remainer, don’t personalise it so much. If a no deal goes through, it will not be an evil act, it will be the choice of the electorate, a fxxkin stupid choice but the people’s choice nonetheless.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Mrs Shingle and I are on a 6 month trip around New Zealand, HK, Singapore and south east asia and everyone I speak to says their governments are chomping at the bit to do business deals with the UK. Don't be scared chaps, its a big wide world out there, everythings gonna be great, a hundred years from now this will be seen as a mere blip in the colourful history of UK PLC.

Everyone I speak to thinks the UK is ****ing crazy, go figure huh?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

And I guarantee you not one of them will offer a better deal than they offer the EU.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Champing at the bit to rinse us dry. Vultures circling .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As a dyed in the wool remainer, don’t personalise it so much. If a no deal goes through, it will not be an evil act, it will be the choice of the electorate, a fxxkin stupid choice but the people’s choice nonetheless.

Objectively, I doubt many Leavers would have chosen a no deal. Voting Leave doesn’t make one immune from the disastrous effects of a no deal.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, they want to take advantage of the situation to SELL us things, not to buy...Can't see New Zealanders wanting Welsh Lamb or Singapore buying plastic toys.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Remainers have always been a funny old lot. Nobody I know with the exception of my oldest son (incidentally married to a lovely Spanish girl) voted remain. We are all educated to degree level and all voted leave, Me, Mrs Shingle, My old mum (now no longer with us) my middle boy a banker his girlfriend also a banker, youngest boy, old bill, his girlfriend, teacher, all the in laws etc etc. I don't know anybody who voted to remain. But I do like to visit this thread from time to time to try and understand the remainers position.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Are you aware that New Zealand and the EU are already close trading partners, and thereby the UK because we are in the EU? We don't have to leave to trade with them.

https://www.mfat.govt.nz/en/trade/f...-negotiation/eu-fta/key-facts-on-nz-eu-trade/

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think many countries around the world will be looking to forge mutually beneficial trade deals to replace or build on existing agreements (assuming we aren't trapped in a customs union). Do you think we will be signing really bad ones then?

Japan wants to trade with us, in exchange for us dropping visa requirements for any Japanese that want to come here to work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here