Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The cartoon in The Times today:

may.JPG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I assume 24 hour surveillance will be put on Nigel Farage after his promise to go on a rampage and “tear MPs limb from limb”?

Or was he YET AGAIN full of absolute bluster and bollocks that only an absolute thicket would believe or trust?
There is a US Dept of Justice plane heading over to the UK now.

Probably nothing, slim chance it is to collect Assange, but who knows ? Maybe naughty Nigel is getting jumpy ? ???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is a US Dept of Justice plane heading over to the UK now.

Probably nothing, slim chance it is to collect Assange, but who knows ? Maybe naughty Nigel is getting jumpy ? ???

He’s under investigation relating to the Mueller report. No surprises there.

Just baffled by the amount of this people still determined to do Putin’s bidding. Understandable for those like Nigel who will stand to make shedloads of cash, but the regular punter? What are you doing?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He’s under investigation relating to the Mueller report. No surprises there.

Just baffled by the amount of this people still determined to do Putin’s bidding. Understandable for those like Nigel who will stand to make shedloads of cash, but the regular punter? What are you doing?

I hope the plane is carrying someone who'll be serving some legal papers on Nigel in person. But that is wishful thinking. Amusing timing, though.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think a reversal of A50 is now in play. If May refuses to move on from her deal we may have reached the end of the road.

The PMs performance at last night's meeting of the EU was described as 90 minutes of nothing. Evasion, no Plan B no nothing. This is without doubt the most humiliating premiership in recent years. May has not only wilfully ignored the 16.8million remain voters but could end up selling out the 17.4m leave voters by facilitating the revocation of A50 as a matter of last resort to avoid the national emergency of no deal Brexit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Encouraging to see a call to reverse A50 rather than second ref.
Just get it stopped.
A second referendum is simply asking “are you still stupid” to which I fear the answer would be a resounding YES.

I agree. Some of the weight behind the 'Revoke' lobby, is actually NOT along the thinking of 'scrap the whole thing' though. For some (and it is a perfectly sensible and valid line of thinking) it is more: let us not rush into a poor situation in panic mode, which even a short extension / looming deadline will mean. Let us Revoke for now, and take proper stock of the available options.

I don't believe that Revoke now, means that the concept of Brexit is dead (just sleeping, etc).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Revoke A50
Scrap Brexit
Remove May from power
Investigate which leavers had a vested interest in Brexit
Investigate what went on in the Leave campaign and which individuals took part in the illegal activity
Prosecute them.

That is the only chance we have of proving to the world we still have some backbone. If indeed we do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just checking, when is it that the EU will crumble and let us have what we want?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Revoke A50
Scrap Brexit
Remove May from power
Investigate what went on in the Leave campaign and which individuals took part in the illegal activity
Prosecute them.

That is the only chance we have of proving to the world we still have some backbone. If indeed we do.

Persecute was fine.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree. Some of the weight behind the 'Revoke' lobby, is actually NOT along the thinking of 'scrap the whole thing' though. For some (and it is a perfectly sensible and valid line of thinking) it is more: let us not rush into a poor situation in panic mode, which even a short extension / looming deadline will mean. Let us Revoke for now, and take proper stock of the available options.

I don't believe that Revoke now, means that the concept of Brexit is dead (just sleeping, etc).

You may be right. Ugh, can you imagine going through all this again?
The revolting peasants need to be squashed down for good. Tax some manners back into them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Revoke A50
Scrap Brexit
Remove May from power
Prosecute them.

- Robust new laws on fake news articles pushed via social media.

- Shut down RT and Sputnik in the UK.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What is the problem of that? I am English and I live in England do I not? Would you question someone from Eire like that?

I have great sympathy for your view. Like most supporters of (what has traditionally been until now) a lower league football team I have a strong sense of place and regard England as my home. I am very happy to see us in political union with the other countries of the Britain, although I would like the links to be less prescriptive - perhaps more on the lines of how the sovereign nations within the EU coexist.

After a lifetime of voting in every election and taking personally on board the ups and downs of England's life, my attitude towards the old country has finally changed. For me, England is like the mother who walked out of the family home - I still love her dearly but I am reluctant to invest any more emotional energy in her. The values expressed by so many of her duplicitous leaders are quite different to mine. And that's sad. I wish Scotland well in her hopes and - like you - would like to see Northern Ireland join the republic soon. If I was Irish or Scottish I know how I would vote

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
At some point they have to realise they we hold all the cards.

That'll be right after the German car manufacturers come along demanding an exact same benefits/red,white and blue Brexit on our behalf, as they need us more than we need them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I see of the genuine signatures in the Renege article 50 petition, the largest percentage are from Brighton, good work all You bitter folk, the bulk of the signatories are, of course bots, hey-ho.

By legal, on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very poor attempt to muddy the waters, surely its you who is the bot ?

#gonnastay

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've signed the petition, I think it's actually got some legs in it.

I voted for Brexit, but not at any cost. This isn't a reversal of my opinion on the EU, but an acceptance that the status quo is better than what this shambles of a government has achieved in the last two years.

Hopefully some good will come of all this - reform of our outdated and broken political system followed by a proper debate on our relationship with Europe now that people are better informed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The consequence of when a career of pandering to tabloid headlines meets political reality.

It was pretty obvious from the start that she lacked any clear vision of how to deliver any policy let alone the complexities of Brexit. Her wooden and emotionless appearances during the General Election were a foretaste of what was to come.

She is a career middle ranking functionary who would have done well as a assistant commissioner in India in 1850 where her weaknesses and inability to think would not have mattered. Sadly due to the mutual assassinations of upper echelon Tories after Cameron's flounce, she found herself in position A and the country as a whole is reaping that whirlwind.

The worst part of all of this is the fact that due to some warped sense of duty she refuses to leave office despite the carnage and humiliation about her brought about by her limited abilities. I can see no way out for her unless she goes in the manner of Francis Urquhart .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here