Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Every single time there are two or more politicians being interviewed on Brexit, it ALWAYS ends up with everybody talking over everybody else and nobody interested in listening to any view other than their own. No wonder people have a low threshold for engaging in any meaningful way with this BS.
Just. Make. It. STOP.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That petition will smash 800,000 shortly, and looks well on course to do way over 1 million. Do we know what the record is for this type of online Gov petition? At what point does it get taken seriously?

You already know the answer to the second question.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
[tweet]1108449713295114240[/tweet]

A red white and blue brexit indeed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
[TWEET]1108637159303626754[/TWEET]

The Order-Order website is posting that the petition has been influenced by "foreign bodies".

Hardly, you can download this data freely and I've just loaded into Excel.

97% of the signatures originate the UK, which is approx 756,000.

France are showing their support though with 7k :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That petition will smash 800,000 shortly, and looks well on course to do way over 1 million. Do we know what the record is for this type of online Gov petition? At what point does it get taken seriously?
It will be ignored.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
30million - Would that be enough?

What has happened in the last 3 years to make you think this Government, the official opposition and the rest of our elected officials will listen to the view of 30,000,000 people more so than the wishes of a couple of dozen gammons marching some of the way from Sunderland to London?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What has happened in the last 3 years to make you think this Government, the official opposition and the rest of our elected officials will listen to the view of 30,000,000 people more so than the wishes of a couple of dozen gammons marching some of the way from Sunderland to London?

Fair point. *****.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Order-Order website is posting that the petition has been influenced by "foreign bodies".

Bound to be thousands of ex-pats whose lives will be affected by Brexit so I'd fully expect a small percentage of votes from abroad. We are not expecting a block vote from Russia asking for Article 50 to be revoked though are we ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bound to be thousands of ex-pats whose lives will be affected by Brexit so I'd fully expect a small percentage of votes from abroad. We are not expecting a block vote from Russia asking for Article 50 to be revoked though are we ?

Sadly a fair few of them voted to Leave :facepalm:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

42 from Russia, at least they are trying.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Anyone would think they were worried about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here