Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Looking through a misty glass it seems that the Tories can either back this or risk no BREXIT at all. There is no parliamentary will to leave without a deal.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
JOINT STATEMENT SUPPLEMENTING THE POLITICAL DECLARATION SETTING OUT THE FRAMEWORK
FOR THE FUTURE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE EUROPEAN UNION AND THE UNITED KINGDOM OF
GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/joint_statement_.pdf

INSTRUMENT RELATING TO THE AGREEMENT ON THE WITHDRAWAL OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF
GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION AND THE EUROPEAN
ATOMIC ENERGY COMMUNITY

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/instrument.pdf

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
may.gif

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Are any of you Sussex based remoaners (not the same as remainers) who are against us leaving with a “no deal” going to email your MP if they didn’t vote for the deal last time and tell them to vote for it this time and end the possibility of leaving with no deal, or are you in the "its worth risking leaving with no deal to try and still stop Brexit camp"?

withdrawalvote.jpg

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
More like her death stare. She knows she is done now , as somebody once said ‘Nothing has changed ‘

She doesn't look like someone who has got her way. The main change seems to be "Theresa May says it is the UK’s position that it believes it could unilaterally withdraw from the backstop if negotiations with the EU on the future relationship were to break down." So - she's saying our position is that we believe... ie: nothing concrete. And surely, withdrawing from the backstop would leave a hard border??

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Looking through a misty glass it seems that the Tories can either back this or risk no BREXIT at all. There is no parliamentary will to leave without a deal.

There is also little parliamentary will to not leave

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Are any of you Sussex based remoaners (not the same as remainers) who are against us leaving with a “no deal” going to email your MP if they didn’t vote for the deal last time and tell them to vote for it this time and end the possibility of leaving with no deal, or are you in the "its worth risking leaving with no deal to try and still stop Brexit camp"?

View attachment 105633

I don't like you more than you don't like me.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The Prime Minister’s negotiations have failed – Jeremy Corbyn responds to Prime Minister’s Strasbourg statement

Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party, responding to Prime Minister’s statement from Strasbourg this evening, said:

“The Prime Minister’s negotiations have failed. This evening’s agreement with the European Commission does not contain anything approaching the changes Theresa May promised Parliament, and whipped her MPs to vote for.

“Since her Brexit deal was so overwhelmingly rejected, the Prime Minister has recklessly run down the clock, failed to effectively negotiate with the EU and refused to find common ground for a deal Parliament could support.

“That’s why MPs must reject this deal tomorrow.”

https://labour.org.uk/press/prime-m...esponds-prime-ministers-strasbourg-statement/

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Nothing has changed.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just a quick scan over the last few pages. Brexiteers getting very didgy, throwing a lot of unwarranted insults about. I still think we will crash out of the EU but the uncertainty is clearly getting to some of our more unstable posters.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Just a quick scan over the last few pages. Brexiteers getting very didgy, throwing a lot of unwarranted insults about. I still think we will crash out of the EU but the uncertainty is clearly getting to some of our more unstable posters.

I think there will be a second referendum that will result in an overwhelming 4% swing to remain which will put the whole thing to bed for a generation.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
When did you decide where to be born then? I must have missed that choice.

You should learn to read, i never said I did decide where I was going to be born, my parents decided, the location wasn’t an accident. I can indeed confirm you played no part in their choice.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And neither did you. It was luck.
:lolol:
Never said I did choose for them, try and read what was written. It wasn’t luck, they really did know the location of the hospital they were going to, they even had a bag packed, it wasn’t an accident either that they knew where it was. I was always going to be born in Britain to British parents.
Do you still think storks deliver babies willy-nilly and it’s the luck of the draw what parents you get in which country?
You really are an odd fellow.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Unless the backstop is now time limited or the UK can unilaterally leave the backstop then ultimately nothing has changed.

It seems that neither of those aspects are now included?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing has changed.

Thank God we've still got a couple more years to get this finalised.
There's no way something this important would be left to the last minute.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here