Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From a piece by Daniel Hannan published by the GUARDIAN prior to the ref vote. (7/4/16) He'd love this board being an echo of Government scares stories two and a half years later. Same sorry shit from Eu supporters and Hannan is as right with this as if he were speaking today.

"Yet pro-EU campaigners seem stuck in their doom-and-gloom strategy. It’s not just that they seem to have nothing positive to say about Britain. They don’t even have anything positive to say about the EU. The last thing they want to discuss is the paltry deal Brussels was prepared to offer in the renegotiation. All their talk of “reform” has dried up. Instead, they deploy an intrinsically pessimistic argument: “Yeah, the EU is a bit crappy, but change is risky.” I wonder whether any amount of public money could make such a downbeat message work.

If nothing else, this latest stunt vindicates one of the Leave side’s main objections to the EU: that it debases the ballot. The objective of European integration is held to be more important than the integrity of the democratic process – as the Greeks found after their referendum last year and, I suspect, as the Dutch, too, will find after their “no” vote this week. In the words of Jean-Claude Juncker: “There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties”.

Oh dear.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
From a piece by Daniel Hannan published by the GUARDIAN prior to the ref vote. (7/4/16) He'd love this board being an echo of Government scares stories two and a half years later. Same sorry shit from Eu supporters and Hannan is as right with this as if he were speaking today.

"Yet pro-EU campaigners seem stuck in their doom-and-gloom strategy. It’s not just that they seem to have nothing positive to say about Britain. They don’t even have anything positive to say about the EU. The last thing they want to discuss is the paltry deal Brussels was prepared to offer in the renegotiation. All their talk of “reform” has dried up. Instead, they deploy an intrinsically pessimistic argument: “Yeah, the EU is a bit crappy, but change is risky.” I wonder whether any amount of public money could make such a downbeat message work.

If nothing else, this latest stunt vindicates one of the Leave side’s main objections to the EU: that it debases the ballot. The objective of European integration is held to be more important than the integrity of the democratic process – as the Greeks found after their referendum last year and, I suspect, as the Dutch, too, will find after their “no” vote this week. In the words of Jean-Claude Juncker: “There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties”.

Asking for yet another special exemption for the UK is not the same as reform.

Dan Hannan was saying that we would not lose our place in the single market, and if that were true, half the problems go away.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Hannan has a point about nothing positive about EU, i still dont see people selling the EU, rather spend time talking up the problems. its not even that difficult, just turn the arguments around, EU trade contributes so much to GDP, common standards lowers cost for business, closer integration on range policies etc.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Hannan has a point about nothing positive about EU, i still dont see people selling the EU, rather spend time talking up the problems. its not even that difficult, just turn the arguments around, EU trade contributes so much to GDP, common standards lowers cost for business, closer integration on range policies etc.

All those things will improve/be better after Brexit :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
economic drivel, combine "potential" lower earning increase, with inflation, mix in GDP and divide by all housholds. probably be an article about inequality in the week, without hint of contradiction.

Its all fake news, Brits are way better off financially than in early 2016 and come a no deal Brexit we'll keep our £39B and things will just boom!!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still same old rubbish being spouted by the few deluded followers of the plutocracy then.Not long now to see articles in the Grauniad 'what to do with your excess food' and 'spare a few tins for Brussels.'Good times ahead when we finally break free.Perhaps then,we could start encouraging other freedom fighters,like the yellow jackets and their Frexit.
It's Yellow Vest v Yellow Vest civil war now in France.

https://twitter.com/alfonslopeztena/status/1094381713306857472?s=19

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
June 2016 was a great moment for Putin, but a no deal Brexit really would exceed his wildest dreams...
And his top five gold star result would be : - *no deal* brexit blamed on the EU - causing such *hate* that we follow Trump if ( when ) he leaves NATO.

And a UK out of the game for a while from April, while Putin's tanks roll.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Its all fake news, Brits are way better off financially than in early 2016 and come a no deal Brexit we'll keep our £39B and things will just boom!!!!

im commenting on the quality of the financial information. you're happy to eat it up because...?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
[tweet]1095035687169150976[/tweet]

Great news for these young people. I would suggest that this provides further proof that the elite are set up to benefit from brexit while the rest of us take a hit. People from the rest will celebrate this because that is what brexit has become.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Great news for these young people. I would suggest that this provides further proof that the elite are set up to benefit from brexit while the rest of us take a hit. People from the rest will celebrate this because that is what brexit has become.

Well yes, it’s comforting to know there are still people out there who can afford brand new Rolls Royce’s. I would say it’s a fair bet that a lot of these sales were generated by the same demographic buying up plots of land in London and building probibitely expensive luxury apartments that locals cannot afford, thus being priced out of the areas they grew up in.

And I imagine the hundreds of apprenticeships look good for the Tory’s employment figures.

So many reasons to celebrate in this bit of news.

We’re on our way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here