Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I get fed up with these cheap jibes about the UK growth based on BS. Let's deal with facts.

Here is the data from the 20 years from 1997 - 2017. We have exceeded France and Germany.

Note to remainers - this is factual data from (https://data.worldbank.org/indicato...2017&locations=DE-GB-FR&start=1997&view=chart), not scaremongering.

I've downloaded and totaled the last 20 years.

I will leave you to consider the facts (I can imagine a certain poster with German connections spluttering a little over this information).

View attachment 104478

Your graph shows both Germany and France on an upward trend, with GB on a downward trend about to go below both pretty much since 2016. Not sure if that was the point you were looking for?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I get fed up with these cheap jibes about the UK growth based on BS. Let's deal with facts.

Here is the data from the 20 years from 1997 - 2017. We have exceeded France and Germany.

Note to remainers - this is factual data from (https://data.worldbank.org/indicato...2017&locations=DE-GB-FR&start=1997&view=chart), not scaremongering.

I will leave you to consider the facts (I can imagine a certain poster with German connections spluttering a little over this information).
How does that contradict anything I've said? You may not have noticed, but we've been in the single market in all of that time. Soon, we'll be the less significant market on the EU's doorstep, so we won't be seeing plants that build cars for the European market sprouting up anymore.

Your graph shows both Germany and France on an upward trend, with GB on a downward trend about to go below both pretty much since 2016. Not sure if that was the point you were looking for?
I don't know whether larus wants us to deal with those particular facts though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1093603238081900544[/TWEET]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How does that contradict anything I've said? You may not have noticed, but we've been in the single market in all of that time. Soon, we'll be the less significant market on the EU's doorstep, so we won't be seeing plants that build cars for the European market sprouting up anymore.

I don't know whether larus wants us to deal with those particular facts though.

No, all the other trends match, might different values but they’ve largely gone up together and down together until you get to 2016, both Germany and France clearly growing, GB clearly shrinking. Nice of them to prove your point.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

View attachment 104478

:lolol:

Untitled.png

Gold

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
[TWEET]1093603238081900544[/TWEET]

Describes itself as a member of the liberal elite.Doesn't sound very liberal to me,in fact extreme harridan.Why are most people on twitter extremist nutters?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Easy for you to take the pish: statistics conclusively demonstrate that in the next 10 years 78% of the growth in the global economy will come from the Faroes...………………...

I would imagine that we have enough salmon of our own,and sanctions still probably apply over their exports to Russia,but nice try 4/10

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Talking of fish,I see Gunther Oettinger,the EU budget chief,has admitted fishermen from Ireland,France,Germany,Denmark,and Spain will lose their right to fish in British waters in the event of no deal.Tick Tock Tusk!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Talking of fish,I see Gunther Oettinger,the EU budget chief,has admitted fishermen from Ireland,France,Germany,Denmark,and Spain will lose their right to fish in British waters in the event of no deal.Tick Tock Tusk!

Whilst our fisherman will lose everything.

Once again shows the EU will suffer, but nowhere near as much as we will.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Easy for you to take the pish: statistics conclusively demonstrate that in the next 10 years 78% of the growth in the global economy will come from the Faroes...………………...

" Whale meat again...…"

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

View attachment 104478

If all this data proves we have had a burgeoning economy compared to France and Germany, why have we had the continuing and ongoing cutbacks of austerity and a virtual stagnation of wages for the last 10 years ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here