Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
May's opening gambit in her latest venture to beg the EU for more time:

"Look, you ********, we hold all the cards...……………"
Evil woman who's going to take us out of the EU with *no deal* with resulting loss of life to some needing specific drugs and isotopes.

There will be a court case one day.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Finally a rational voice that provides the authoritative analysis on Brexit we've all been missing (although in fairness some of our own Brexiteers sound much like this):

The current deadlock over Brexit and possible delay to the UK's planned leaving date of 29 March suggests democracy in the UK is "all but dead", Donald Trump Jr has claimed.
Mr Trump Jr, who is the US president's son but holds no political position, wrote a column in the Daily Telegraph.
In it, he criticises PM Theresa May for having "ignored advice from my father".
Mr Trump Jr added that "the will of the people is likely to be ignored" because of "elite" politicians in Brussels

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
May's opening gambit in her latest venture to beg the EU for more time:

"Look, you ********, we hold all the cards...……………"

She won't be asking for a long extension to avoid Loathsome and co throwing their toys out the pram.

Can see the EU saying, you can have a short technical extension if your deal passes, a long extension or get hubby to start shorting sterling...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I like many others only occasionally visit this thread as no views were ever changed but after two and a half years and with just nine days to go I was wondering are there any on here who have changed their views from a personal point of view I voted remain and would do so again if ever given the chance but I did reluctantly accept the result and for the past two years along with everyone else just wanted some certainty 9 days to go and we appear to be no further forward

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Can anybody see any ending to this other than May’s deal?

At the moment I would say this is most likely.

It would be bizzare though. A deal that is obviously bad and hands the EU massive leverage in future negotiations and that no one really wants, is probably what we are going to get.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I like many others only occasionally visit this thread as no views were ever changed but after two and a half years and with just nine days to go I was wondering are there any on here who have changed their views from a personal point of view I voted remain and would do so again if ever given the chance but I did reluctantly accept the result and for the past two years along with everyone else just wanted some certainty 9 days to go and we appear to be no further forward

Good and fair question. But if you were looking to find folk who have changed their minds, then this is probably not the best place to do so!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Education Minister just got asked on BBC Breakfast show what was his definition of a short Brexit delay. His reply: "Well, it's the opposite of long" :wozza:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
At the moment I would say this is most likely.

It would be bizzare though. A deal that is obviously bad and hands the EU massive leverage in future negotiations and that no one really wants, is probably what we are going to get.

If it does happen, we will truly have the relationship with the EU that the liars said we had during the EU referendum campaign.

Cameron passed May a terrible hand, and May will pass some other deluded Tory an even worse hand.

It will be a good deal for the EU, if you are a citizen of the 27, a letter of thanks to Juncker and co wouldn't go a miss.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Burn him

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If Corbyn can't make a proper impact in Parliament today I think it's the end of the road for him. Labour need to be strong in opposition once the ERG have their PM in place in the summer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Education Minister just got asked on BBC Breakfast show what was his definition of a short Brexit delay. His reply: "Well, it's the opposite of long" :wozza:

This reminds me of that football chairman who said “we have a shortlist, and there’s not many people on it”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If Corbyn can't make a proper impact in Parliament today I think it's the end of the road for him. Labour need to be strong in opposition once the ERG have their PM in place in the summer.

Agree. He’s utterly pathetic as a party leader.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agree. He’s utterly pathetic as a party leader.

He's actually worse than 'pathetic'.

'Pathetic' suggests a zero sum effect - that his leadership adds nothing to the party, or the party's electoral hopes.

Corbyn at this stage is far, far worse for the party's numbers, than zero.

People who would surely, surely have walked away from the uncaring, unholy mess that is the Tory party by now, will continue to grudgingly pop their cross in the box for any 'pig with a blue rosette', for as long as the alternative is JC.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see an Emergency/Standing Order No. 24 debate is being tabled on the A50 length by Alison McGovern.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills