Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was not aware of this.

Why didn't Remain make more of it?

The point about EU citizens who have not worked for 3 months, being repatriated, I guess is down to us not having a record of who enters the UK?

It's because our economy actually relies on them - so no government wanted to put it in place and didn't need to.

Then people get terribly confused about immigration from outside the EU into the UK and the refugee crisis.

Roll the whole lot into one and they think that by leaving the EU everything gets solved over-night.

Thick as mud.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This became politically impossible because the government had been happy to blame immigrants for everything linked to austerity and other government policies. They could not then say “actually we need immigrants and if we leave then we will need more of them from outside the EU”
That's not politically impossible, the Labour party could have said it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely democracy means we can read what we want to?Countries where people are forced to read state sponsored crap,pravda for example,aren't democracies.

Rupert Murdoch, Lord Rothermere, Reach PLC (purchased Express from Richard Desmond) own 70% of the UK newspaper market between them. You can of course read what you want, but a democracy surely needs a balanced press and media?

If financial regulation, or tighter tax controls on tax aviodance for example is in the interest of the country, but not in the interest of these newspaper owners, what do you think they will do to influence the electorate and policy?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
[MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION] Is the was sheer number of refugees without properly checking them that people objected to. I don't think she had any moral right to do that in a customs union.

I think morally, she made the right decision, and made it easier on the rest of the EU, we all should have taken more refugees.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
and more:

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019/02/05/brexit-discovery-applies-for-licences-in-germany/

All these Channels are licenced via OUR regulator at a cost, it's a big income for them.

If you are apply for a licence in another EU country now - they will want something in return, like an HQ,

Channel 4 HD (Denmark)
Channel 5 (Denmark)
6’eren (Denmark)
Canal 9 (Denmark)
Eurosport 2 (Denmark)
Discovery Channel HD (Denmark)
TLC (Denmark)
Channel 5 (Sweden)
Channel 9 (Sweden)
Channel 11 (Sweden)
Discovery Channel (Sweden)
TLC HD (Sweden)
MAX (Norway)
Fem (Norway)
Vox (Norway)
Eurosport Norge (Norway)
Discovery Channel HD (Norway)
TLC (Norway)
Discovery Channel (Finland)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not really worse than the insults thrown by Farage etc.

They are of course outraged by this, poor little snowflakes

It seems to me there is a good deal of paranoia among Brexiteers - possibly good at dishing it out but not taking it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Pleasing to see the #teameu crew on here standing by their man defending him to the hilt as he makes unhelpful comments at this important stage of negotiations.

european-union-eu-flag-waving-gif-animation-8.gif

:salute:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It seems to me there is a good deal of paranoia among Brexiteers - possibly good at dishing it out but not taking it.

The Australian cricket team and on field sledging spring to mind - happy to dish it out but start squealing and try to take the moral high ground the moment they get a bit thrown back at them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The EU gave immense concessions to Cameron. But by the time he did it the tabloids smelled blood and would have denounced anything he came back with as terrible. If it'd been a deal which included "everyone gets a hand-job from Nigella Lawson" they have been complaining that it wasn't Scarlett Johansson. But the EU, as it has been since long before the referendum and remains to this day, is not going to rip up the four freedoms because one of the members (which COULD have imposed restrictions long ago, or at any point since, but actively chose not to) doesn't much care for one of them for whatever reason.

HANG ON. You mean as I voted remain I get a hand job from nigella? Oh Christ , where do I go?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Because instead of a positive campaign around what was good about the EU the remain campaign decided, to their own detriment, to concentrate on the imagined disaster that would happen if we voted leave.

Sorry mate. Can't let you get away with that

IMG_0263.JPG

That was an absolute lie that was peddled and he afterwards said it was an untruth and some idiots fell for it!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Top trolling from Guy Verhofstadt.

Well, I doubt Lucifer would welcome them, as after what they did to Britain, they would even manage to divide hell ��

Gammons all over the country will be outraged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here