Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Looks like the Brexiteers have started to leave this thread in droves, a bit like all the rich Brexiteers who have relocated their families out of the UK :D

Actually it's that we're letting remainers moan in their own echo chamber up to the 29th next month.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Like I said earlier, that’s your rancid opinion, please keep it to yourself.

A tolerant nation, two and a bit years ago:

_90025744_033583881-1.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Honda closing Swindon is a complete travesty for British manufacturing, 3500 jobs in the factory and 8-9 times that in related job.

For the company best to say nothing to do with Brexit incase there’s a consumer backlash.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Faisal Islam

Verified account

@faisalislam
Following Following @faisalislam
More
At a recent meeting of car execs with MPs one of the top execs asked what he should tell the board meeting in Japan (making plans for new fiscal year) the next day about what was happening re Brexit - don’t know they shrugged.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I can see some unscrupulous companies who remain in the UK using Brexit as an excuse to hike up their prices regardless of whether they have incurred extra costs as a result of it or not - similar to the oportunists who took advantage of metrication and decimilisation to jack up their prices. There will always be people who will use times of confusion and uncertainty to their advantage.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I see the #teameu crew/5th column loons are once again falling over themselves to big up a negative car production story. First Nissan - no job losses, now Honda ... "Honda are clear this is based on global trends and not Brexit, as all European market production will consolidate in Japan in 2021
- BBC

It really must hurt that there have been 450,000 more jobs created in the UK since the referendum and that unemployment is at a record low ... so far removed from the half a million more unemployed project fear claims parroted by the ususual suspects on here. Tick tock ....

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Honda's decision may or may not be Brexit related but the timing certainly doesn't look good. I'm sure if the boot were on the other foot, none of our Brexit posters would mention it. Whatever the cause it is rotten news and no-one should take any pleasure from it.

PS Swindon was one of the first areas in the country to declare a result, which saw 61,745 (54.7%) vote to leave.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I see the #teameu crew/5th column loons are once again falling over themselves to big up a negative car production story. First Nissan - no job losses, now Honda ... "Honda are clear this is based on global trends and not Brexit, as all European market production will consolidate in Japan in 2021
- BBC

It really must hurt that there have been 450,000 more jobs created in the UK since the referendum and that unemployment is at a record low ... so far removed from the half a million more unemployed project fear claims parroted by the ususual suspects on here. Tick tock ....

You are quoting a Tory mp there with his interpretation rather than Honda. You know that right?

Good to see “project would have happened anyway” has kicked off. To be honest I expected us to leave before this happened but no.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Own up,what do you 'normally' post as.Anybody found any marbles,this idiot has lost his.

Why are you so preoccupied with what people 'normally post as'? You accused me of the same thing - that we have had a previous moniker...

I can tell you I have been following this thread without comment for some time and noticed with increasing irritation what absolute racist drivel you have been posting for some time. When I joined this fan site and contributed you immediately showed suspicion because I was new to the thread.... but then you would be against newcomers, wouldn't you... If you think you are not prejudice in this way, you could do worse than reflect carefully on your contributions before typing them. Just saying.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
This is becoming quite bizarre. Please tell me where or when I called you or anyone else a moron. I am trying to have a conversation with you for heaven’s sake.

Nothing bizzarre about it at all.I have had enough of being talked down to and abused by posters who for some reason think they are superior to Leavers.In reality,you are all a bunch of sulky waste of oxygen,repeating fake news from twitter and glorifying in any bad news,real or imagined,you can find.Time to grow up,and get your heads round the fact we are Leaving.If you can't find it in yourselves to support this country,find one you like.Sling your hook.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
[tweet]1097022587526352896[/tweet]

Unlike you to post twitter rubbish Pinnochio

A tolerant nation, two and a bit years ago:

View attachment 104719

Nothing wrong with that poster.Its quite factual. The EU did fail. It was a catastrophic failure of the EU to come with a unified plan to manage the migrant crisis. They bickered for months and months and months and still couldnt agree what to do. Then one of the main players made it even worse and opened the flood gates and enabled traffickers to drown even more.Their catastrophic failure led to borders having to be erected again. Great for countries wanting to protect themselves, not so great when you shout as a major principle of your crappy organisation that no borders are wonderful.
I would love to see you explain how the EU`s handling of the migrant crisis wasnt a failure.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
- BBC

You can almost sense a couple of them rejoicing at the news.
Would have thought its a business decision based on their global sales, if its a brexit decision they will probably move to the EU, sounds more like they are consolidating production back to japan as they will have the capacity to do so.
Not good news though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here