Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
They are not a political party, they do not have a leader and they have no legitimate reason to be there unless May thought it would be a good wheeze to muck up the talks by asking them along

Yeah this is what I tend to think. Absolutely no need to have Umunnna there apart from a slap in the face to Corbyn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not really Harry. We were told the result would be acted on. The pro remain MPs have made sure that it won't happen. Whichever way you look at it, it is a disgrace.

I understand that you have a clear view of what the referendum promised. But....I don't know what you think this is. I don't think you are a hard brexiter (like PPF - leave with no deal).....which illustrates the key point. What did you think you voted for? One of my favourite books is the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In the book, people built the most powerful computer ever to deterime the ultimate answer to the ultimate question about life, the universe and everything. The computer came up with an answer. 42. The problem was that nobody understood what the question was. What actually is Brexit? If we don't know, or can't agree, there can be only one outcome. We won't get it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They are not a political party, they do not have a leader and they have no legitimate reason to be there unless May thought it would be a good wheeze to muck up the talks by asking them along

He was looking for any reason to walk off.

This minor reason gave him one, he is a child.

He doesn’t even have to speak to him.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I understand that you have a clear view of what the referendum promised. But....I don't know what you think this is. I don't think you are a hard brexiter (like PPF - leave with no deal).....which illustrates the key point. What did you think you voted for? One of my favourite books is the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In the book, people built the most powerful computer ever to deterime the ultimate answer to the ultimate question about life, the universe and everything. The computer came up with an answer. 42. The problem was that nobody understood what the question was. What actually is Brexit? If we don't know, or can't agree, there can be only one outcome. We won't get it.

And this huge error you highlight would largely have been dealt with through an election fought on the basis of leaving the EU. Instead both major parties tried to avoid the issue for selfish reasons, the liberals who were almost wiped out, desperately tried to raise Brexit as a fundamental election issue but to no avail. I disagree with their policies, but on that issue the liberals were correct.

As for the outcome, well I have no idea.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And this huge error you highlight would largely have been dealt with through an election fought on the basis of leaving the EU. Instead both major parties tried to avoid the issue for selfish reasons, the liberals who were almost wiped out, desperately tried to raise Brexit as a fundamental election issue but to no avail. I disagree with their policies, but on that issue the liberals were correct.

As for the outcome, well I have no idea.

Agree :cheers:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

So what! Isn't that attitude part of the reason we are up shit creek. Corbyn acting like a petulant child and letting the country down.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
With regard to May baiting, she has done her best to deliver the impossible. She is like a Christian, trying to shape social policy in 2019, making people with minority gender identity and sexual orientation feel included, while adhering to a 2,000 year old book of rules that specifies that them such people should burn. It is not her fault. It is the fault of the people who made her tory leader, and after that PM (with a reduced majority, just to make it that it harder).

And when you consider how well Corbyn would have managed all this, one's estimation of Mrs May increases. She is like a Geoff Minton among a sea of Geoff Thomases.

cough Jeff Minton? cough

jeff.png

or Geoff Minton?

geoff.png

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
All part of the plan to keep the shit train going.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well that was a bloody pointless speech.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here