Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Best solution now is:

We leave on 29th with no deal.
Theresa My resigns.
A Brexiteer is elected by the Tory party.
A Brexiteer calls a general election
A Brexiteer wins a general election with an increased majority
A strong Brexit backing cabinet get on and make this country great again.
Can you explain, using practical terms and avoiding vague generalities, what in your view has stopped this country being great now and what will change as a result of Brexit to make it great in future?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can you explain, using practical terms and avoiding vague generalities, what in your view has stopped this country being great now and what will change as a result of Brexit to make it great in future?
A very good question which should deserve a very good answer.... However, you won't get one.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Highlights what a sulky teenager like moron Corbyn is.

Strange he's happy to talk to terrorists but not ex-members of his own party. PATHETIC.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Odds on a 'No Deal' Brexit slashed amid chaos in parliament

It's now as short as 7/2 that the UK leaves without a withdrawal agreement.

Just 24 hours ago, it was 7/1 that the UK leaves the EU on March 30th with no withdrawal agreement in place. Since then, bookmakers have decisively slashed the odds into 7/2.

In the last 24 hours, a whopping 87% of total bets have gone on the UK to leave in ten days’ time with no agreement.

How's Meg doing? ???

I'd think that Meg is doing pretty well - the men of principle in the ERG will fold over the weekend and with a bit of help from weak-kneed MPs terrified of their loony local activists plus bullying, threats and job offers from the Tory whips Mrs May will get her wholly unloved deal over the line by this time next week. Britain will be in full vassal state mode for the foreseeable future and you, Nige and all the Brexit boys will be in seventh heaven.

Mind you, I don't have a crystal ball.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I don’t understand how there is still anyone living in the UK who can stand up straight and tie their shoelaces that don’t get this.

I don’t understand how anyone can stand up straight and tie their shoelaces.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
:laugh:

Parliament? So Brexit has been sabotaged by parliament?

The reason that the Albion aren't top of the PL and looking forward to a victorious campaign in the Champion's League next season is because the club is run by a load of small minded wimps with no vision, passion, ambition or knowhow. They actually prefer being in the championship.

Utter bollocks.

Theresa May and her government tried to do the impossible - because it is impossible. She could have said bollocks to negociation, we leave with a hard border, passports and visas to travel between Coshquin and Bridge End, between Dover and Calais, between Luton and Faro....(can you imagine Italian lorry drivers having to get a visa to export tomatoes to the UK; but I digress)? Anyway. She could have done that, or she could have sought a deal. Which she did. Unfortunately there is no clear view in parliament what a deal looks like. Not because the majority are remainers, but because they all have a different picture of what a unicorn looks like (and indeed, some don't believe in unicorns but oddly these are in a minority). Boris, Davies and the arse Mogg have not articulated what a deal should look like, let alone got agreement for their 'vision'. But they are not opposed to Brexit. I am surprised you didn't know that.

With respect you are also talking nonsense. Just because you don't like Brexit, that should not result in a complete loss of discernment. It is a fact that parliament has done all it can to thwart the process. Many remainers/political commentators etc have expressed that opinion. It is perhaps a source of comfort to you and other remainers to believe only what you want to believe, it is indeed hard to see the other side I will concede, and for that I can't blame you. But that does not alter the fact that the establishment have taken every measure to manipulate and water-down Brexit.

It is a fact that Brexit is a total cock-up as no-one had any idea of a plan about how to exit. One of the problems with the referendum is that no-one could be held accountable for the claims that were made. Just as 'unicorns' were promised by the leave campaign, inverse unicorns were promised by remain i.e. immediate recession, 500,000 added to the dole queue within x months. Poppycock. Both sides should hang their heads in shame. It was appalling, it is now appalling and will possibly be appalling as May has a deal that tries to offend nobody, but in the end pleases no-one at the same time.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'd think that Meg is doing pretty well - the men of principle in the ERG will fold over the weekend and with a bit of help from weak-kneed MPs terrified of their loony local activists plus bullying, threats and job offers from the Tory whips Mrs May will get her wholly unloved deal over the line by this time next week. Britain will be in full vassal state mode for the foreseeable future and you, Nige and all the Brexit boys will be in seventh heaven.

Mind you, I don't have a crystal ball.

If that's likely why are no deal brexit odds rapidly shortening and why is the pound sliding? I would say today's events make it more likely hardcore ERG members won't back the deal as 'no deal' looks to be back in play. If anything it's the remainers who are being faced with a critical choice.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With respect you are also talking nonsense. Just because you don't like Brexit, that should not result in a complete loss of discernment. It is a fact that parliament has done all it can to thwart the process. Many remainers/political commentators etc have expressed that opinion. It is perhaps a source of comfort to you and other remainers to believe only what you want to believe, it is indeed hard to see the other side I will concede, and for that I can't blame you. But that does not alter the fact that the establishment have taken every measure to manipulate and water-down Brexit.

It is a fact that Brexit is a total cock-up as no-one had any idea of a plan about how to exit. One of the problems with the referendum is that no-one could be held accountable for the claims that were made. Just as 'unicorns' were promised by the leave campaign, inverse unicorns were promised by remain i.e. immediate recession, 500,000 added to the dole queue within x months. Poppycock. Both sides should hang their heads in shame. It was appalling, it is now appalling and will possibly be appalling as May has a deal that tries to offend nobody, but in the end pleases no-one at the same time.

May's deal offends everyone. I really don't remember anyone saying there would be an immediate recession or half a million added to the dole queue. Seeing as we haven't left yet, I don't see how you will know either.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rumblings abound that May will fall on her sword when she speaks to the nation.... She would probably miss with her abilities...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Highlights what a sulky teenager like moron Corbyn is.

Strange he's happy to talk to terrorists but not ex-members of his own party. PATHETIC.

He is an absolute shambles.

Talking to (or rather handing power and billions of pounds in bribes to) terrorists is all the rage, though. Hadn’t you heard?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
May's deal offends everyone. I really don't remember anyone saying there would be an immediate recession or half a million added to the dole queue. Seeing as we haven't left yet, I don't see how you will know either.

Yes, agreed, May's deal offends everyone.

Don't know how you escaped the repeated misinformation from leading politicians in the remain campaign. Here's a quick link with quotes from none other than the Chancellor at that time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36355564

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

If you spent less time trawling about on twitter looking for copy paste opinions you may have noticed it's been mentioned about 5000 times on this thread.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Steady. 'Remainer' is pejorative. I am a remainer in the same way as I am a gravitier, Archimedian, and Newtonian. When I leap into the air, I always seem to accelerate back to earth at a constant rate. Water, uncannily finds its own level. Force (now get this) always seems to equal mass time acceleration. **** me. And Brexit will never happen. Nothing to do with what I want, and my status, or not, as a 'remainer'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To think there are x amount of posters on here who believe the Labour Party are completely innocent in this shitstorm and it's not their job to get involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here