Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Little by little Labour are going to be forced to declare where they stand on Brexit. I can see JC being the 'man of the people' and responding to the mess by offering another referendum following an election. The way this is going on I think this would get him in government

No chance. JC needs to listen to Kier Starmer and not keep giving the impression his policy is identical to May's (handwavy negociation followed by hard Brexit). We need another referendum like we need another ********. If we end up with another general election labour need to take the stance of the liberals and say they will halt Brexit as a manifesto promise. And even if they do that I expect the tories will win - because JC has failed to do himself the favours ncessary to mitigate his lifetime of hopelesly bad judgement (of the sort only the luxury of a safe backbench position can afford).

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I watched HOURS and HOURS of debate. I couldn't tell you five definitive pros and cons to leaving the EU. Every time a 'fact' was said, the other side shot it down. I would be DELIGHTED if you could tell 5 pros and cons which can't possibly be argued?

The whole debate was farcical and boiled down to the Leave campaign putting NONSENSE slogans on busses to attract the masses and each other constantly accusing the other of scaremongering.

I have absolutely no shame at all in saying I didn't understand it and I am certainly not alone.

I was COMPLETELY willing to vote Leave. 100% open to be convinced. But neither side convinced me either way.

I believe in exercising my right to vote so I voted Remain as I am relatively happy with how things are and did not understand fully what leaving meant. I'm not using my vote on an ill-informed gamble. I have absolutely no animosity to someone who voted Leave. I find that quite worrying you think I shouldn't have used my vote when the option was "stay as we are" or "other". Surely, by default, if you are not convinced by the 'other' then you should use your vote to keep things as they are?!

Again, I will not be made to feel like I'm a fool for daring to admit it wasn't clear to me. The whole nonsense afterwards (for 2 years now) has, I believe, very much backed my belief that the whole thing was flimsy.

I think you nailed it. As good an argument for voting the way you did as any I've ever heard.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I know it’s impossible to answer.

But if May said - Brexit is off, there is no way we can do it with out tanking the country

How many of the 17.4 million would actually care?

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
A game of musical chairs, the last one sitting becomes the new PM

Just the usual Tory shambles, infighting before country

No, no - that can't be right - we were promised strong and stable leadership. It was so guaranteed, it was repeated many times. Strong and stable. That's just what we're seeing right? STRONG AND STABLE.

FFS!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Least when it all goes tits up and we stay in the EU team Brexit won’t have anyone else to blame but themselves.

We're not staying in the EU, whatever happens.

Labour's Thornberry was emphatic on 5Live earler that:

1. A Labour government would ensure that we leave the EU.
2, Ensure that we leave the Customs Union.
3. End freedom of movement.
4. Honour the Brexit vote.

So, with 2/3 of Tory MP's and the potential Labour government being emphatic on all 4 points, there is zero hope for Remainers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We're not staying in the EU, whatever happens.

Labour's Thornberry was emphatic on 5Live earler that:

1. A Labour government would ensure that we leave the EU.
2, Ensure that we leave the Customs Union.
3. End freedom of movement.
4. Honour the Brexit vote.

So, with 2/3 of Tory MP's and the potential Labour government being emphatic on all 4 points, there is zero hope for Remainers.

I voted to remain so I should point out that not all of us want to backtrack or have a second referendum or somehow change the outcome. We had the vote, it's happening and that's fine. Democracy in action.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Apparently all the special advisers and ministerial aides at the Department of International Trade have been called into a meeting in Liam Fox's office. Another rat fleeing the sinking ship, perhaps?
Hope so.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Little by little Labour are going to be forced to declare where they stand on Brexit. I can see JC being the 'man of the people' and responding to the mess by offering another referendum following an election. The way this is going on I think this would get him in government
Interesting - if Corbyn offers a peoples vote, he'll win the next election. But would he go against his personal opposition to one ?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

But if May said - Brexit is off, there is no way we can do it with out tanking the country

It’s what a great leader would do, it’s clear that the Brexitear elite lied to the country about how simple and straightforward this would be

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Tory's have totally ducked up this country since they have been in power. They have put party wars and infighting before the country. But still people will unbelievably vote for them, because they believe the right wing media press. How any other party can be worse then this shower of Sh#!t is beyond me, I do not think it is actually possible to be worse.

Yes but I'm not voting for Corbyn because he's a proven member of a terrorist oranization

:facepalm:

There are other perfectly sound and actually real reasons for not voting labour right now, the most obvious one being the leader an anti-european who is blocking his own party's imperative, and its own shadow Brexit minister's inclination to spend a few minutes sniffing the remains of the brexit 'negociations' and calling it all off. What is the point of replacing one split pack of clowns leading us over a brexit cliff with another lot (albeit the only split in labour now is between JC - and a handfull of cronies - and the entire rest of his party), simply because their underpants are red rather than blue?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No chance. JC needs to listen to Kier Starmer and not keep giving the impression his policy is identical to May's (handwavy negociation followed by hard Brexit). We need another referendum like we need another ********. If we end up with another general election labour need to take the stance of the liberals and say they will halt Brexit as a manifesto promise. And even if they do that I expect the tories will win - because JC has failed to do himself the favours ncessary to mitigate his lifetime of hopelesly bad judgement (of the sort only the luxury of a safe backbench position can afford).

Corbyn wants Brexit as much as the right wing Tories. He got very shirty with a Dutch interviewer asking him questions last week, and trying to put the views of the equivalent Dutch Labour.
Putin wants Britain out of Europe.

https://twitter.com/mvanhulten/status/1014961688767090688

[tweet]1014961688767090688[/tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course it doesn't

We started the campaign already as Remain.

Leaving was the option. Remain was how we were to begin win.
I can understand that's why you and many others chose to vote remain, but of course many people don't see it quite like that.

We hadn't voted for change in the last few decades, yet the EU has had a large effect on us. The EU keeps changing, and had we remained, we don't what that would mean for us in 20 years time. Although the outlook had we remained was more easy to predict than had we left, it still wasn't certain, and many people didn't like the way the future was shaping up with us staying in the EU.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Revoke Article 50, tell the country that she will prepare a proper truthful plan which will be laid out in detail, so the public can understand it, and then allow another vote in two years time.

That's too much like common sense for any politician.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Assume you are inviting him round for afternoon tea and a cosy chat

Well as you ask, we're having a re-enactment of the Chequers soiree, where loads of people turn up, sit around for a while, chat, then finish, only to find in the morning, that someone has blocked or pedanted you.
Oh wait, I'm talking about NSC right? :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here