Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm afraid the tone from the government has been very toxic, maybe if we cancelled Brexit the decision could be reversed, but that is unlikely and they've had enough

Trade relations between us and Japan aren't good at all now, they've invested billions in our country and feel betrayed. The Japanese are incredibly loyal in business but have their limits

The reputational damage we've done to ourselves and our standing with all of this is every bit as bad as the actual economic, and announcements like this less than 40 days to go (to we still don't know what) just add to it. We've completely shot ourselves in the foot.

Even if Brexit was to end up being cancelled it doesn't solve anything - we're no longer the gateway to Europe if we were to remain and simply can't be relied on now as the arguments, political indecision and uncertainty will rumble on for years either way.

We're up the creek without a paddle, we run the risk of breaking up as a country, but people don't care.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Very clever PR from Honda to avoid politics of brexit. Obviously this is an enournous kick in the face for manufacturing in this country because it suggests we can’t evolve to the future. The link I posted earlier is bang on. Honda PR bods have nailed it and it is why I got out of the industry when I did. It is incredible seeing so many people who apparently saw through lies on campaigns and voted based on the reality sucking up a pr spin about being unrelated. Obviously Honda comments saying no deal would cost tens of millions is irrelevant.

All business want is certainty. This was said by business 3 years ago.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The reputational damage we've done to ourselves and our standing with all of this is every bit as bad as the actual economic, and announcements like this less than 40 days to go (to we still don't know what) just add to it. We've completely shot ourselves in the foot.

Even if Brexit was to end up being cancelled it doesn't solve anything - we're no longer the gateway to Europe if we were to remain and simply can't be relied on now as the arguments, political indecision and uncertainty will rumble on for years either way.

We're up the creek without a paddle, we run the risk of breaking up as a country, but people don't care.

24 hours before the vote I started this thread...

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...N-or-OUT&highlight=risk+reward+doesn't+add+up

The risk / reward didn't add up and it doesn't now!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Every once in a while it's worth typing 'Vote Leave adverts' into Google:-

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Manufacturing pulling out of the UK
Finance pulling out of the UK
Leading Brexiteers pulling out of the UK

With 38 days to go, the government still won't admit that Unicorns aren't real

Yet onward our sturdy bunch of Brexiteer followers march, now completely leaderless.

If you had written this story 5 years ago, no one would have believed you :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Very clever PR from Honda to avoid politics of brexit. Obviously this is an enournous kick in the face for manufacturing in this country because it suggests we can’t evolve to the future. The link I posted earlier is bang on. Honda PR bods have nailed it and it is why I got out of the industry when I did. It is incredible seeing so many people who apparently saw through lies on campaigns and voted based on the reality sucking up a pr spin about being unrelated. Obviously Honda comments saying no deal would cost tens of millions is irrelevant.

All business want is certainty. This was said by business 3 years ago.

Well I would imagine that saying 'we are pulling out because of Brexit' may have lost them a significant (although ever decreasing but ever more belligerent) part of the UK market ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

With 38 days to go, the government still admit that Unicorns aren't real

Yet onward our sturdy bunch of Brexiteer followers march, now completely leaderless.

If you had written this story 5 years ago, no one would have believed you :facepalm:
But once we've taken back control imagine how many businesses will realise how wrong every else is, and come flocking to these shores.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
**** My old daisies,what are you not understanding?
https://twitter.com/brexitcentral/status/1097798414685929472?s=21

On our way.

Oh Bless, are you upset because I missed you out of the list of Brexiteer posters moving their assets abroad ?

rundown-dirty-old-caravan-260nw-412532041.jpg

Don't take it personally, I just didn't think it would last the journey

You're on your way, you're on your way
How will you get there?
You don't know
Where are you going?
No idea
All you know is that you're on your way

(Awaits 'I have big house and foreign holidays' type post)

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

With 38 days to go, the government still won't admit that Unicorns aren't real

https://www.standard.co.uk/business...green-light-for-clearing-houses-a4069421.html
Talking out of your clacker valve again.Even Gideon”punishment budget “Osborne’s arse rag of a paper is running out of project hysteria fibs.

On our way.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Oh Bless, are you upset because I missed you out of the list of Brexiteer posters moving their assets abroad ?

View attachment 104736

Don't take it personally, I just didn't think it would last the journey

You're on your way, you're on your way
How will you get there?
You don't know
Where are you going?
No idea
All you know is that you're on your way

Two weeks in Cancun,Christmas shopping in New York and then 10 days in Cyprus next spring,unless you’re going to put a travel ban on Cyprus...

On our way.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Two weeks in Cancun,Christmas shopping in New York and then 10 days in Cyprus next spring,unless you’re going to put a travel ban on Cyprus...

Cancun - shithole full of all inclusive Brits chomping sausage and chips. Doubt you’ll leave the gated resort.

New York at Christmas - only an idiot would bother with this. New Yorkers are fraught at the best of times.

Cyprus - yeah, actually a good choice. Lovely place.

Sorry, just you continually mention your holiday destinations so I assume you were looking for a comment.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You patronising arse. I know we're leaving. I think I'm grown up, although at 46 you could argue that I'm still a baby in regards to some of the posters on here. And I do have my head around the fact that we're leaving, I just can't bring myself to stick my head in the sand and pretend that it's all going to be ok. I'll be fine, my firm has a passport to operate in the EU, but I just feel incredibly sorry for the people who are already being impacted and who will be impacted in the future, who were sold a bunch of lies.

We're on our way.
Those who are for now blissfully unaware will be hit hardest psychologically when it all comes crashing down.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
BrExit - the countdown to 11PM GMT on Friday 29th of March 2019

I'm so impressed :lolol:

I’m not saying it to impress you flower,just pointing out that We will be allowed to travel after We exit the EU on 29th March 2019.All your scary stories aren’t coming true.
On a side note,I bet you’re a great laugh out on the lash?A thoroughly depressing individual with the ability to bore the sweetcorn out of a turd with your tales of doom.liven up,go and get yourself a bunk up FFS.

On our way.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

This is the bit I don't get, I genuinely don't understand how people can be so blase about things when the people who actually understand how the stuff works are saying "Um...guys? This is all about to turn into a complete shitshow..." and people either ignore it or, worse, claim that it's all lies and "Project Fear". We have the spectacle of people who at any other time would be declaring themselves proud patriots actively pursing an agenda which will be to the detriment of the country they profess to care about and the people who live in it, for seemingly no tangible gain beyond sticking it to some imagined enemy in Brussels and the enrichment of a few hedge fund managers who likely don't even pay tax here.

For a long time I've thought the best movie analogy to Brexit was Passport to Pimlico. I'm now increasingly of the opinion it's turning into the final scene of Bridge on the River Kwai.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Cancun - shithole full of all inclusive Brits chomping sausage and chips. Doubt you’ll leave the gated resort.

New York at Christmas - only an idiot would bother with this. New Yorkers are fraught at the best of times.

Cyprus - yeah, actually a good choice. Lovely place.

Sorry, just you continually mention your holiday destinations so I assume you were looking for a comment.

Not from you Lofty,the other dry lunch that stalks this thread like a gloomy stench was inferring that I’ll be stranded in limbo with My blue passport,unable to travel.

On our way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here