Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'll give you a positive once we LEAVE ( it's rather pointless suggesting a positive before then as nothing has actually changed - i.e. we're still in the EU ).

Animal welfare - for example, we'll be able to ban the import of Foie Gras once out of the EU. We can't do that at the moment. Or indeed live animal exports / imports.
Or, we could have stayed in the EU and used the European Parliament to lobby to improve animal welfare standards and phase out inhumane practices.

There would never be a ban in this country as who on society is eating all the Foie Gras that's imported? If banned the producers would find a ready market in China anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You tend to move on alot when you get found out ...................

I agree. Misunderstanding, creating straw man argument after straw man argument, and then when all else has failed out and out lying.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or, we could have stayed in the EU and used the European Parliament to lobby to improve animal welfare standards and phase out inhumane practices.

There would never be a ban in this country as who on society is eating all the Foie Gras that's imported? If banned the producers would find a ready market in China anyway.

Quite.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

France and Bulgaria have already rejected any changes to Foie Gras production or a ban meaning we can't ban it's import while we're in the EU. Likewise Italy has rejected any changes to it's practices in dairy farming for Parmesan cheese - so once again there is nothing we can do to put pressure on them. Good old Eu eh ?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
France and Bulgaria have already rejected any changes to Foie Gras production or a ban meaning we can't ban it's import while we're in the EU. Likewise Italy has rejected any changes to it's practices in dairy farming for Parmesan cheese - so once again there is nothing we can do to put pressure on them. Good old Eu eh ?

The problem with your argument is that nobody buys the idea that you are interested in Foie Gras and the fact that it is the only positive (arguable) you have managed to find about Brexit. It's just not a very plausible position for you to take.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Boris's speech summed up in a few propositions:
1. Leave voters were more internationalist than Remain
2. Since we joined the EU we speak fewer European languages
3. Real European integration will be achieved by building a bridge
4. Some non-EU countries at performing better than us therefore leaving the EU will make us richer
5. Brits have never really like the EU much anyway
6. EU workers have held back our economy
7. I want to be Prime Minister

I have to say that only point 7 really convinced me.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This is a speech that he should have made before the referendum, not a year before we leave the EU. No detail at all.

Pointless.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let me call you out again, what is this out and out lie you keep referring to ?

Grow up and stop acting like a teenager. I fail to believe your memory is this bad. If you want to know just scroll back less than 24 hours....just before you skulked off for the evening. Im putting you on ignore because I can’t be arsed to play your futile, childish and stupid games anymore.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Grow up and stop acting like a teenager. If you want to know just scroll back less than 24 hours.

You are a coward as well as a liar, I am not sure if it is in reference to [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] where he said he didnt say the words I posted, HE DID 100% or your vague reference to some pharmaceutical posts where I just said that I was sure the UK wouldn't run out of medicine after Brexit etc. not one single lie.

I suspect you are nursing a bruised ego on your absurd previous posts where you stated the UK economy was 'crashing', 'tanking' 'collapsing', 'third world conditions', 'Britain on the brink' and it made you look a bit silly.

Feel free to prove me wrong .......................

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You are a coward as well as a liar, I am not sure if it is in reference to [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] where he said he didnt say the words I posted, HE DID 100% or your vague reference to some pharmaceutical posts where I just said that I was sure the UK wouldn't run out of medicine after Brexit etc. not one single lie.

I suspect you are nursing a bruised ego on your absurd previous posts where you stated the UK economy was 'crashing', 'tanking' 'collapsing', 'third world conditions', 'Britain on the brink' and it made you look a bit silly.

Feel free to prove me wrong .......................

cry.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Meanwhile The Home Affairs Select Committee Report on The Home Office's capability to delivery post-Brexit immigration, assuming The Government ever decide what this is, has been released the same day as Johnson's post-Brexit utopia vision for the future.

https://social.shorthand.com/Common...during-transition-must-be-set-out-immediately
https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmhaff/421/42102.htm

In summary - it's a shambles.

[tweet]963742631363784705[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The speech had zero substance just a load of pseudo patriotic bluster from a Tory toff. Rather similar to the Brexiters on here, just rhetoric like "It's happening", "It's all for the greater good", Britain can flourish" "Now id the time to step up and be a sovereign nation once more" with absolutely no mention of how we may achieve this "greatness".

Pathetic.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The problem with your argument is that nobody buys the idea that you are interested in Foie Gras and the fact that it is the only positive (arguable) you have managed to find about Brexit. It's just not a very plausible position for you to take.

Good grief - I can only assume English isn't your first language as you seem to struggle to understand it. I'm interested in animal welfare - I've used Foie Gras as an example of the EU preventing the UK from implementing an action against such a poor practice. I haven't said animal welfare coming under UK control is the ONLY positive, the question was to suggest A positive - note the singular ( that means one by the way ).

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good grief - I can only assume English isn't your first language as you seem to struggle to understand it. I'm interested in animal welfare - I've used Foie Gras as an example of the EU preventing the UK from implementing an action against such a poor practice. I haven't said animal welfare coming under UK control is the ONLY positive, the question was to suggest A positive - not the singular ( that means one by the way ).

No, I understand your version of the English language. I just think it's poppycock.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boris's speech was as expected. Big no rhetoric, light on substance.

Extreme Brexit is dead, need to face up to reality

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Excellent speech. Obviously, it was always going to be attacked by the usual suspects on here but I expect the more representative, moderate Remain voters would welcome it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The speech had zero substance just a load of pseudo patriotic bluster from a Tory toff. Rather similar to the Brexiters on here, just rhetoric like "It's happening", "It's all for the greater good", Britain can flourish" "Now id the time to step up and be a sovereign nation once more" with absolutely no mention of how we may achieve this "greatness".

Pathetic.
He hasn't even managed to build a bridge yet, a whole nation is a tad trickier.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here