Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jeeez you mean the UK trade deficit that narrowed by £7 billion in 2017, you're the poster that just keeps giving.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/balance-of-trade

Considering 2017 as a whole, the trade deficit narrowed by GBP 7.0 billion from the previous year to GBP 33.7 billion, as exports rose 11.3 percent to GBP 617.2 billion while imports increased at a softer 9.3 percent to GBP 650.9 billion. Main exports were mechanical machinery, cars, electrical machinery and medicinal and pharmaceutical products, and the biggest export partners were the United States, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Ireland and China. Meanwhile main imports were electrical machinery, mechanical machinery, cars, other miscellaneous manufactures and medicinal and pharmaceutical products. The most important sources of imports were Germany, China, the Netherlands, the United States and France.

I well and truly give up.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Since when did anyone take notice of Civil Servants. They are non-wealth creators and non-employers, detached from the business world and a massive drain on public finances.

Anybody who trolls websites just to find a semblance of bad news and not caring whether it is true or not.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I well and truly give up.

Don't do that, just confirm why you posted the December figures on their own, a set of data that you thought was a damning indictment of the performance of the UK economy which might then be seen as instrumental in the upcoming EU negotiations, no doubt lifted from The Guardians headline as follows.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ws-oil-price-rise-pushes-up-cost-fuel-imports

I just countered that if you think this is a true economic indicator of the UK's performance and might impact future negotiations then why would the fact that the overall £7 billion narrowing of the UK's deficit for the whole of 2017 might not been seen positively.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You have to admire his persistence in the face of reality, maybe he suffers from Opposition/Defiance Disorder? No matter how simple you make things for him it never seems to help.

Have you any self awareness of the utter rubbish you have posted, how is our resident stockbroker ?

And Armageddon we may well have THE ARMAGEDDON WORD

Its taken 8 years for the FTSE to get back to 2008 levels and it rose on a pro Europe vote speculation, we now slide back down the snake again WRONG

The worst appears yet to come. HSBC expect the Pound to reach parity with the Euro next year and $1.10 with the Dollar by the end of 2017 WRONG

and now my pension pot has just sunk in the Stock Exchange LUCKY YOU

bye bye Disneyworld you are too expensive now.... THAT MADE ME LAUGH

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Don't do that, just confirm why you posted the December figures on their own, a set of data that you thought was a damning indictment of the performance of the UK economy which might then be seen as instrumental in the upcoming EU negotiations, no doubt lifted from The Guardians headline as follows.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ws-oil-price-rise-pushes-up-cost-fuel-imports

I just countered that if you think this is a true economic indicator of the UK's performance and might impact future negotiations then why would the fact that the overall £7 billion narrowing of the UK's deficit for the whole of 2017 might not been seen positively.

How are we doing in the G7 league table since before the vote?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
How are we doing in the G7 league table since before the vote?

Not quite as good as when we were top, what have been you predictions prior, during and after the referendum ??

http://uk.businessinsider.com/uk-economy-q4-gdp-brexit-2018-1

While Brexit has undoubtedly slowed the UK economy, an annualised growth figure of 1.5% for 2017 puts the UK in line with OECD forecasts for growth in fellow G7 members Japan and Italy, both of which are expected to grow at 1.5% in 2017, and close to France, which is expected to grow at 1.8%.

Or to simplify, which ones have up to know come true, that should be easy, something quantifiable please.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't do that, just confirm why you posted the December figures on their own

I did, twice. If you disagree fine. But you went off on tangents, addressed things I’d not raised and misunderstood mine and other people’s posts. We are now over two days from my original post. Two days. I can’t be bothered anymore and I really can’t help you.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I did, twice. If you disagree fine. But you went off on tangents, addressed things I’d not raised and misunderstood mine and other people’s posts. We are now over two days from my original post. Two days. I can’t be bothered anymore and I really can’t help you.

No answer then, so once again just for clarification the UK's trade deficit reduced by £7 billion in 2017, still makes your post highlighting one months figures look a bit desperate.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

I believe Big Gully is asking whether you accept that the Trade deficit fell by 7 Billion. Not to hard to answer is it ?????

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And the last discussion we had about the EMA and the MHRA started with you ignorantly saying bullshit and then you turned it into a straw man argument by making an absurd suggestion that I know more than the entire U.K. government. Brilliant. It’s a complete and utter waste of my time debating with you.

As I stated then I’m willing to wager the legal and regulatory departments both know more about the various processes and laws than the government do.....it’s their job to. And as was proven recently lawyers certainly knew UK law more then May and Davis.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No answer then, so once again just for clarification the UK's trade deficit reduced by £7 billion in 2017, still makes your post highlighting one months figures look a bit desperate.

Another straw man argument. Good night.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have you any self awareness of the utter rubbish you have posted, how is our resident stockbroker ?

And Armageddon we may well have THE ARMAGEDDON WORD

Its taken 8 years for the FTSE to get back to 2008 levels and it rose on a pro Europe vote speculation, we now slide back down the snake again WRONG

The worst appears yet to come. HSBC expect the Pound to reach parity with the Euro next year and $1.10 with the Dollar by the end of 2017 WRONG

and now my pension pot has just sunk in the Stock Exchange LUCKY YOU

bye bye Disneyworld you are too expensive now.... THAT MADE ME LAUGH

My, you have been busy, reward yourself with an extra dose of Ritalin.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think this thread has run its course. There is nothing left to say.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
My, you have been busy, reward yourself with an extra dose of Ritalin.

Not really, you don't honestly think that other posters haven't been aware of your consistent relentless whining and whinging, mostly proven wrong, had you forgotten ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not really, you don't honestly think that other posters haven't been aware of your consistent relentless whining and whinging, mostly proven wrong, had you forgotten ?

I'll just say it isn't what I said, it works for you ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I’m sure [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] understands the difference between growth and decline though.

Indeed,i`m sure your lapdog is very familiar with growth

pinocchio.jpg

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And the last discussion we had about the EMA and the MHRA started with you ignorantly saying bullshit and then you turned it into a straw man argument by making an absurd suggestion that I know more than the entire U.K. government. Brilliant. It’s a complete and utter waste of my time debating with you.

As I stated then I’m willing to wager the legal and regulatory departments both know more about the various processes and laws than the government do.....it’s their job to. And as was proven recently lawyers certainly knew UK law more then May and Davis.

Is this your effort to try and find previous wild unfounded statements from BigGully, some vague reference to pharmaceuticals :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here