Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't like coincidences when Putin is involved.

At the same time as the *no deal* storm hits he's turning off his internet.

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1094989663478210562?s=19

What is he up to ???

Presumably there will be a March test run.

Then ( to coincide with *no-deal* Brexit Monday - April Fools Day as it happens ) he turns off Russia's internet to stop us responding in kind to :

https://twitter.com/J_amesp/status/958031197497708544?s=19

We have been defeated, and not a shot fired. I pray MI5 have this covered.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The very definition of MORONS.

'I've moved to Spain, I voted Brexit, now I'm shocked leaving the EU will effect me':-

[tweet]1094698314912722944[/tweet]

D

Deleted member 22389

'I've moved to Spain, I voted Brexit, now I'm shocked leaving the EU will effect me':-

This is up to the Spanish government to provide settled status to Brits in Spain like we have for EU nationals here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Is the very definition that, or going on national TV to advertise that you've done that? :shrug:

I can understand many of the reasons for leaving. But having invested your hard earned money in property in the EU AND you still voted to leave does beggar belief.

D

Deleted member 22389

Settled status for Brits that reside in the UK but chose to spend 4 months or so in Spain?

I think Brits will get 90 days like EU nationals do here. I should imagine they would have to apply for settled status to stay longer.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

My own grandparents spent winters on the Costa Blanca into their 90's, if they hadn't I don't think they would have lived so long. But for many ordinary folk such opportunities are about to end.

I'd stop at calling these people in the video MORONS, but Essex Del Sol were easily groomed. God help them if there's a no deal...

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Well yes, it’s comforting to know there are still people out there who can afford brand new Rolls Royce’s. I would say it’s a fair bet that a lot of these sales were generated by the same demographic buying up plots of land in London and building probibitely expensive luxury apartments that locals cannot afford, thus being priced out of the areas they grew up in.

And I imagine the hundreds of apprenticeships look good for the Tory’s employment figures.

So many reasons to celebrate in this bit of news.

We’re on our way!

We certainly are, so glad you are on message.
Tick........

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Brits will get 90 days like EU nationals do here. I should imagine they would have to apply for settled status to stay longer.
Yes - 90 days in the last 180 days will be allowed. Enough for 2 × 3month breaks.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes - 90 days in the last 180 days will be allowed. Enough for 2 × 3month breaks.

Some people on here think a 90 days tourist visa is a same as EU free movement.

Still if there one less Latvian competing for that bid to re-build the garden wall at no.43 its well worth it....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd stop at calling these people in the video MORONS, but Essex Del Sol were easily groomed. God help them if there's a no deal...
You are correct they were easily groomed by baseless jingoistic nonsense.

But to have basically 'won at retirement', by wintering in a Costa and still voted for, at best, uncertainty does show a level of moronicdom that is hard to fathom.

Going from the Costa Blanca in January to looking out the Costa window in Gravesend almost makes it worthwhile. :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

So you would agree there is plenty of uncertainty for those who have bought property in the EU, who have been used to healthcare, free movement etc. It might be fine, but we just don't know for sure.

Would you not agree then, that if you owned property and spent significant time in the EU, that voting leave would appear to at the very least bizarre, let alone moronic?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You are correct they were easily groomed by baseless jingoistic nonsense.

But to have basically 'won at retirement', by wintering in a Costa and still voted for, at best, uncertainty does show a level of moronicdom that is hard to fathom.

Going from the Costa Blanca in January to looking out the Costa window in Gravesend almost makes it worthwhile. [emoji38]
I do wonder what disinformation was printed in "Brits in the Costas News", or on "El ExPat.com".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do wonder what disinformation was printed in "Brits in the Costas News", or on "El ExPat.com".

"Let's end these bloody foreigners coming over to England, leeching off the state, eating smelly food, causing a nuisance, pushing property prices up" :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So you would agree there is plenty of uncertainty for those who have bought property in the EU, who have been used to healthcare, free movement etc. It might be fine, but we just don't know for sure.

Would you not agree then, that if you owned property and spent significant time in the EU, that voting leave would appear to at the very least bizarre, let alone moronic?

I'm sure these are the type of people that always complained about Britain and would always gloat about how "fu*in maervellous the barcardi and coke was". Well I'm sure it will still taste as good back at Wetherspoons in Southend....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would they qualify for settled status? Whats the difference between settled status and permanent residency?
That will vary from country to country, and settled status in one country will not result in EU wide free movement for them.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
"Let's end these bloody foreigners coming over to England, leeching off the state, eating smelly food, causing a nuisance, pushing property prices up" :shrug:

Pretty much. Meanwhile we'll all carry on living in Spain as normal, getting first class treatment for emphysema, high blood pressure and bunions etc courtesy of Spain's SNS and will still be be able to sit around and moan that they don't sell Regal cigarettes or proper gravy for chips in Spar and Caprabo over a pint of Carling just as before.

D

Deleted member 22389

I own a property in Spain, uncertainty yes in regards of how it is going to work. What I do know is nobody is going to stop me going out for 2-3 weeks a year and I'm sure the Spanish authorities will sort something out for the longer stayers, non residents. Brits spend a hell of a lot of money in Spain.

As for the health care, well that's only an issue for those Brits who live there, on this one I'm sure Spanish government will do what we have done, and sort out settled status. If your a long stayer then your going to be taking out travel insurance anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here