Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Given that they don't just disappear after 29th March and will vote in forthcoming elections etc., my suggestion would be that ignoring them comes at a cost. Especially given demographic shifts, and the fact that if a No Deal is as bad as predicted then public opinion is going to swing violently towards getting back into the EU, or some equivalent of, pronto.

The Tories are playing a dangerous game, they continue to persue the grey vote, but offer nothing for young people.

If the Tory hard right get their way and Brexit goes bad they will be left in the wilderness like Labour were after the winter of discontent. Never before has one party had a majority for such a short period and damaged the country so much

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
She claims she wanted the deal sorted before Christmas. Lest we forget SHE PULLED THE VOTE in December.
You forget that she was told her deal was not acceptable and would not pass when the details emerged in October!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I suspect you're right. Although I fully intend on making sure every Brexiter I know knows it's on them, and I intend to get through so many "I told you so"s online that we might have to stockpile them too.

Thankfully I don’t know you but don’t forget to put Me down for a “I told you so.”

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
She'd have probably become PM if it had gone to a full vote amongst the blue rinsers in the membership though.

Andrea Leadsom is either delusional or disingenuous claiming May's deal had "all of the advantages...but none of the disadvantages" of being in a Customs Union.

When is anyone in government ever going to spell out the truth to the general public on Brexit?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Luckily there are only about 4 loons left on here that believe Brexit can be anything but a total disaster for Great Britain. Luckily nobody even took them seriously before the referendum.

Unluckily, you can bet your bottom dollar we are going to crash out of the EU on a no deal. It’s what is going to happen. Get prepared. The idiots won. We have lost Great Britain. What follows now will be horrific.

What have we done?

If we crash out on a no deal, then Scotland will demand a referendum and after everything that has happened in Westminster over the last two years, I think they will vote for independence.
I would also put money on a united Ireland happening.

After that whatever's left will become a free trade low wage economy where the disparity between rich and poor will grow.

That's not me being a gloomy remainer or whatever, on the Scotland/Ireland point it just seems a natural progression. The economy will have to go that way because we don't have anything to offer beyond financial services.

But hey we lost.........

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If we crash out on a no deal, then Scotland will demand a referendum and after everything that has happened in Westminster over the last two years, I think they will vote for independence.

After that whatever's left will become a free trade low wage economy where the disparity between rich and poor will grow.

That's not me being a gloomy remainer or whatever, on the Scotland/Ireland point it just seems a natural progression. The economy will have to go that way because we don't have anything to offer beyond financial services.

But hey we lost.........

Scotland would campaign on the basis for EFTA / EEA membership, they'd be the perfect fit.

If anyone is bored of Brexit now, just wait how long it will take to clear up the mess left behind

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

But hey we lost.........

Yep. I take some comfort in the fact that there are people that see the disaster headed our way. Not much, but at least I know the place hasn’t gone totally mad.

And I suppose at least voting leave doesn’t make one immune from the effects of Brexit. At least those idiots will be suffering like the rest of us. See how smug they are this time next year.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BrExit - the countdown to 11PM GMT on Friday 29th of March 2019

[tweet]1095325385510793217[/tweet]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports