Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
If we crash out on a no deal, then Scotland will demand a referendum and after everything that has happened in Westminster over the last two years, I think they will vote for independence.
I would also put money on a united Ireland happening.

After that whatever's left will become a free trade low wage economy where the disparity between rich and poor will grow.

That's not me being a gloomy remainer or whatever, on the Scotland/Ireland point it just seems a natural progression. The economy will have to go that way because we don't have anything to offer beyond financial services.

But hey we lost.........

Scottish independence if it comes will be the express democratic will of the Scottish people, I don’t see why that is a problem. The ongoing mess in Catalonia is not a measure of how “independence” should be dealt with imo.

The key to independence in any nation is their currency, and the Nationalist movement in Scotland will always struggle to convey a vision of independence without their own currency.

This is essentially an unsolvable problem, the SNP pre the last referendum conceded that they could not afford an independent currency and the euro was deeply unpopular, albeit it was at a time when Greece was collapsing.

Scottish independence will be possible if the Scots essentially decide to go all in with the euro.

That won’t happen though because it is less independence than they have now, and also why apart from the pro EU Zealots the UK is going to be in a perpetual EU Brexit debate until we eventually leave lock stock and barrel or join the euro?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Dark money is pushing for a no-deal Brexit. Who is behind it?

Why is it that funding for ads for the People's vote is completely transparent.

Yet funding for pro Brexit groups like Britain's future remains a complete mystery???

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/13/dark-money-hard-brexit-targeted-ads-facebook

And yes you guess it this zombie government doing nothing in the way of legislation to stop these activities.

Still lots of unanswered questions from the frauderendum 2 and a half years ago..

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'll take that as you haven't a clue how Brexit will benefit our trade position. Next.....

If even the ever polite Gwylam has failed to answer,you can take that as nobody is interested.Next...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
She really is totally useless not to mention dangerous, her whole tenancy as PM has been based on lies, hoodwinking and dangling carrots only to take them away.
And total brain dead like Baker Lite and 2 Professors think it all going so well and will be great for this country, they cannot see that May had it planned this way since day 1, and people are actually falling for it.
Corbyn may well be disliked but he is right, May is holding everyone to ransom to get her own way with her hopeless deal.
There will be no further negotiations.
It will be Mays deal or no deal.
Brexit will be a catastrophe for this embarrassing country, just as the economy is slowing.
Only the idiots who voted for it can't or won't see it.

The one constant in an ever changing world.You are still an utter chopper.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I just happened to see this report briefly mentioned in The Times earlier and looked it up and found it in full. Most interesting:

Post-Brexit visa proposals could well lead to record levels of immigration

The government’s proposals in their white paper on post-Brexit immigration policy could rapidly lead to net foreign immigration of about 430,000 a year and might well approach half a million a year unless they are heavily revised. That is the conclusion of a study published today by Migration Watch UK (MW459 - Post Brexit migration levels).

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/press-release/568
https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/459

The Singaporean model, here we come. :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I just happened to see this report briefly mentioned in The Times earlier and looked it up and found it in full. Most interesting:

Post-Brexit visa proposals could well lead to record levels of immigration

The government’s proposals in their white paper on post-Brexit immigration policy could rapidly lead to net foreign immigration of about 430,000 a year and might well approach half a million a year unless they are heavily revised. That is the conclusion of a study published today by Migration Watch UK (MW459 - Post Brexit migration levels).

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/press-release/568
https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/459

The Singaporean model, here we come. :thumbsup:

So everyone can come here but we won't be able to leave quite so easily as we can now?

I guess this is what "Taking back control" looks like.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And your laughing because you think that those 2 are right or because I made a couple of small errors on the predictive text....

'Oh mummy,the naughty people didn't give me many likes for slagging people off.Perhaps I should have slagged off Solly March,as well?':tantrum:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So everyone can come here but we won't be able to leave quite so easily as we can now?

I guess this is what "Taking back control" looks like.

As per usual,all speculation,no facts.:yawn:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If even the ever polite Gwylam has failed to answer,you can take that as nobody is interested.Next...

Wait, so if nobody who voted Leave is that bothered about exploring other international trade opportunities, why the objection to the Irish backstop and a permanent Customs Union?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As per usual,all speculation,no facts.:yawn:

Perhaps you can provide me with the facts which disprove the report? Clearly you have them to hand to make such an assertion so I'm all ears.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wait, so if nobody who voted Leave is that bothered about exploring other international trade opportunities, why the objection to the Irish backstop and a permanent Customs Union?

Myself and others have asked this question before concerning International trade opportunities that we cannot access via current trade arrangements.

Frankly, I am amazed that even the better leave fiction writers on here haven't come up with anything at all.

That said since I last asked this question the EU have signed trade deals with Japan and Singapore, maybe I am being a bit unfair demanding such information

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Myself and others have asked this question before concerning International trade opportunities that we cannot access via current trade arrangements.

Frankly, I am amazed that even the better leave fiction writers on here haven't come up with anything at all.

That said since I last asked this question the EU have signed trade deals with Japan and Singapore, maybe I am being a bit unfair demanding such information

Surely, you must be mistaken. Our resident expert on 'facts', thinks otherwise

Oh dear,another idiot who doesn't realise that Great Britain will have a free trade deal with Japan long before the EU finish arguing about the terms of their so-called deal.Do wake up and smell the Red Leicester :wave:

:facepalm:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Scottish independence if it comes will be the express democratic will of the Scottish people, I don’t see why that is a problem. The ongoing mess in Catalonia is not a measure of how “independence” should be dealt with imo.

The key to independence in any nation is their currency, and the Nationalist movement in Scotland will always struggle to convey a vision of independence without their own currency.

This is essentially an unsolvable problem, the SNP pre the last referendum conceded that they could not afford an independent currency and the euro was deeply unpopular, albeit it was at a time when Greece was collapsing.

Scottish independence will be possible if the Scots essentially decide to go all in with the euro.

That won’t happen though because it is less independence than they have now, and also why apart from the pro EU Zealots the UK is going to be in a perpetual EU Brexit debate until we eventually leave lock stock and barrel or join the euro?

Re your final para can I just ask you to confirm that you think that Scotland, as a constituent part of the United Kingdom, currently has more freedom and independence than does a sovereign nation (such as, say, the UK) within the European Union? I've read something similar on this thread once before, possibly by Two Prof.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Surely, you must be mistaken. Our resident expert on 'facts', thinks otherwise

:facepalm:

This slide probably illustrates why even the finest Brexiteer brains on NSC cannot answer my question on International trade

Capture.JPG

The risk reward of leaving the custom union didn't add up in 2016 and adds up even less today

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Nobody is interested because there is nothing to discuss yet.This is like Groundhog Day.WE HAVEN'T LEFT YET

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Perhaps you can provide me with the facts which disprove the report? Clearly you have them to hand to make such an assertion so I'm all ears.

Only if you provide facts,not speculation.Real facts,not Twitter facts,Buzzfeed facts,Huffington facts,NSC facts,Watford facts,REAL facts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here