Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA wheelchair team qualify for European Champions League - need to raise £5k ASAP!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
BREAKING NEWS: I believe our all conquering POWERCHAIR team have been selected to play in their official competition (knock out tournament) in Denmark in 2-3 weeks (and have a decent shout at bringing back the cup with big ears!)

A convoy of vans will be heading to Denmark a la The Italian Job. Funds are tight (rules are the club, AITC etc cannot contribute) so I'm sure an appeal will be forthcoming and people will give what we can to ensure our team can meet the costs of competing (petrol, hotels, food...it's a lot to get 10+ chairs, 6 lads, helpers etc over there and back even with volunteers!)

But what a fantastic moment for these lads, coaches and everyone involved. Makes you proud by association: the first official club team to compete in the European Cup. Let's hope they bring it home for all of us (and Mr Bridger...now 'get a bloomin, move on, tickty boo, tickty boo' :) )

Well done

MY JUST GIVING LINK HERE https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfund...term=nyVPeQ4Xn

chiefkickass

Jan 19, 2012
Thanks for posting this up.

What an amazing opportunity for Brighton & Hove Albions powerchair football team!

Getting to play at the equivalent of the UEFA Champions League.

Well deserved for this extremely hard working team.

From what I hear, they've a good chance of winning it too!!!

Have already donated

Please try and help too if you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHAPFC

Nov 26, 2012
Hi

Thanks to everyone who has helped donated so far!

Can't quite believe we are going to play in the European Champions Cup.

Hopefully, we'll do Brighton and Hove Albion and fans proud and WIN!!!!!

Thanks

BHAPFC

ps. Any chance this can be made a stickie? Would that help?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Done! Cheers for the link Phil. :thumbsup:

Just a thought tho, meant in a purely positive way, could BHAPFC not register as a charity thereby making them eligible for Gift Aid? Would boost any sums raised by a whopping 25%. Donors wouldn't have to do anything more strenuous than tick a box while making their donation. Worth looking into, I'd have thought.

BHAPFC Championes! :albion2:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Done! Cheers for the link Phil. :thumbsup:

Just a thought tho, meant in a purely positive way, could BHAPFC not register as a charity thereby making them eligible for Gift Aid? Would boost any sums raised by a whopping 25%. Donors wouldn't have to do anything more strenuous than tick a box while making their donation. Worth looking into, I'd have thought.

BHAPFC Championes! :albion2:

Interesting idea, not sure. Perhaps one of the lads or management can comment? Anyway, yep done my donation too. Come on you super seagulls! Flying high over EUROPE! :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hi

Thanks to everyone who has helped donated so far!

Can't quite believe we are going to play in the European Champions Cup.

Hopefully, we'll do Brighton and Hove Albion and fans proud and WIN!!!!!

Thanks

BHAPFC

ps. Any chance this can be made a stickie? Would that help?
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] could this be made a stickie, please.

chiefkickass

Jan 19, 2012
Be great if we could get this thread promoted more.
How many thousands visit NSC every day? £... each would soon cover the costs
I think the £5000 they are trying to raise is way under the actual costs. With 14 people, inclusive of the 6 players at £500 a head for accommodation at the tournament plus all the other expensives, it's a really expensive trip for the lads.
Help from the Brighton fans would go a long way!!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I think the £5000 they are trying to raise is way under the actual costs. With 14 people, inclusive of the 6 players at £500 a head for accommodation at the tournament plus all the other expensives, it's a really expensive trip for the lads.

Perhaps ammend the thread title? I only just opened it because I thought it was just going to be a load of nonsense ( on here? NEVER!).

Anyway, I'm absolutely skint at the moment but will donate an hour of my wages on pay day (£7.20, which is why I'm skint)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
BHA to play in Champions League - I *** you not!

Players, Parents and carers make up a chunk of the balance I'm sure, but every quid helps for sure too though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here