Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion kid's work ethic has earned respect of his elders [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Rob Hunt has earned the respect of his senior colleagues – because he works so hard on a daily basis.
That is the verdict of Albion development boss Simon Rusk after seeing the young right-back help secure an away win. Or was it a draw?
The Seagulls beat Stevenage 4-3 on penalties in the Checkatrade Trophy after a 2-2 draw to keep alive their qualification hopes.
Hunt, who recently enjoyed his Championship debut as a substitute at Burton, impressed for the visitors and also played a part in their second goal.
His neatly disguised reverse pass sent Joe Ward to the byline to chip over the cross from which Jesse Starkey headed in.
Hunt has made quiet but impressive progress with the first team, initially in friendlies and then the League Cup.
But Rusk believes his work ethic has not gone un-noticed with his older colleagues.
He said: “Rob is an example of someone who is digging in and working hard, day in and day out. Just coming in and sticking to your job day after day improves you.
“With a younger player, you see them go into that first-team environment and you don’t know how they are going to handle it. But Hunty is very consistent in his approach to training.

“He is a very hard worker and I think the senior players respect that in a younger player coming up.“I think he has done excellent. It is a great thing for the academy that he got his league debut as well and I’m delighted for him.”
Rusk was disappointed for Robert Sanchez, whose mistakes allowed Stevenage to equalise twice but he is sure the goalkeeper will respond from that setback.
He also felt there was collective failing in the second Stevenage goal which took the game to penalties.
Rusk said: “That’s what this competition is about – it is there to help younger players develop. Our younger players who had a part in that goal going in will learn from that, which is brilliant.
“We are very disappointed with the two goals we conceded but Robert is young and he will learn from that. He will win us far more games than he loses in the under-23s.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here