Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody been to IOW Festival ?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Looked at the times it stops at night and it says 11pm ! Are there later bars or do people drink back at tents ?

Ta.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Looked at the times it stops at night and it says 11pm ! Are there later bars or do people drink back at tents ?

Ta.

Been 4 times. You can drink til the small hours. Plenty of options other than tent drinking. Hipshaker lounge, Kashmir Cafe (real ale and local music acts), etc.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Been 4 times. You can drink til the small hours. Plenty of options other than tent drinking. Hipshaker lounge, Kashmir Cafe (real ale and local music acts), etc.

Cool. So these other places stay open later just with no music ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Went in 1970. No money for drinks (didn't drink much back then anyway) - don't even know if drink was on sale then. No money for food - fortunately the gf managed to nick a few bread rolls from behind the hot dog seller's stall. Hendrix, Who, Leonard Cohen, Tiny Tim. Different world back then.......................

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Cool. So these other places stay open later just with no music ?

Music carries on. I last fell out of Hipshaker about 3am after a cracking Who Tribute, then long DJ session having gotten smashed on cocktails after a long long day on it. Woke up caked in mud after falling over many times. Not been last 2yrs mind
Have to say, friendliest festival I've done, really laid back vibe. It can have it's moments though, notably when GLC and Stereophonics were on in 2009. Felt like whole of Wales turned up, with a lot of drugs, for a massive bender.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I went once, security wouldn't let you take water from the campsite through to the gig area, they searched people's tents when everybody was off watching the music, had sniffer dogs in the queue, a security guard threatened to chuck me out when I objected to him asking to search my wallet and rifiling through all my cash. I'd never go to the IOW festival again. Go to Glastonbury it a millions times better.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Went in 1970. No money for drinks (didn't drink much back then anyway) - don't even know if drink was on sale then. No money for food - fortunately the gf managed to nick a few bread rolls from behind the hot dog seller's stall. Hendrix, Who, Leonard Cohen, Tiny Tim. Different world back then.......................

Yes, the final day went all through the night with delays and I remember waking up in the field about 7 a.m. having missed half of the Hendrix set - terrible timing on my part with it being his last performance ever .... :facepalm:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
IOW69.jpg 1969. Look we are all sitting down and that's the Who on stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here