Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP's Steven Woofe in hospital after a fight...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37572377

UKIP leadership hopeful Steven Woolfe says he is recovering in hospital after a reported fight at a meeting of the party's MEPs.

The party released a statement from Mr Woolfe from his Strasbourg hospital bed saying he was sitting up having undergone a precautionary brain scan.

UKIP sources said "punches were exchanged" during the row at a party meeting and Mr Woolfe banged his head.

He was taken to hospital two hours later after collapsing.

UKIP sources said "a rumbustious argument" had taken place at the MEPs' meeting over whether Mr Woolfe had been talking to the Conservative Party.

"Even the possibility of him talking to the Tory Party some saw as a betrayal and some MEPs were very angry," the sources said.

The BBC was told Mr Woolfe went outside with another MEP where "punches were exchanged".

"It is believed that Steven banged his head against a structure - a window or a wall - but he got up," the sources said.

Following a vote two hours later "he collapsed" and doctors were called and his wife was contacted.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I imaged all the usual NSC suspects going into meltdown with this news breaking earlier and NSC down, no way to vent their spleens. Seven pages of utter drivel to follow...

:moo:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Apparently, the assailant Mike Hookem is UKIP's DEFENCE spokesman.

I wonder whether his selection was based on the appropriateness of his name, his ability to kick the sh1t out of everyone else or a combination of the two?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope he had his EHIC on him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lots of BNP style thugs are attracted to UKIP, just saying.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This is how all political debates should be sorted.

Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is it funny or alarming that the potential leader of the third strongest political entity in the country is picking fights with his colleagues? Further, is it funny or alarming that he's picking fights andlosing them?

I'd imagine they are dropping down the rankings rather fast now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Assailant named as Mike Hookem, MEP for Hull. Shocking scenes and these clowns think they could ever replace Labour ?

I thought you were taking the piss for a second. This has the making of one of the red top headlines of the century

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"Following a vote two hours later, he collapsed..."

I'm telling you, we let the plebs vote on too many things these days but the people spoke and democracy must be upheld :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here