Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
march-l229-3346561_613x460.jpg

Solly March
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:24 5th October 2016
by James Hilsum
Albion's winger is eager to see what the next four years hold.
I’m delighted to have signed a four-year contract and I’m looking forward to what lies ahead."
Solly March
Brighton & Hove Albion winger Solly March had no hesitation in committing his future to the club after he put pen to paper a new deal yesterday.
The 22-year-old is now targeting a return to first-team action after a long-term knee injury and is determined to help the club achieve promotion to the Premier League within the next four years.
He said, “I’m delighted to have signed a four-year contract and I’m looking forward to what lies ahead. I’m looking forward to helping the club achieve their ultimate goal in the next few years, and hopefully we’ll get close to that this season.
“It takes time to sort things out and all the details in a contract, but I’ve always wanted to sign on here because I’m a local boy.
“The manager spoke to me this morning, offered his congratulations and said I deserve this new deal, and now I’ve got to get myself fit.
“Of course he’s right and hopefully I can do that as quickly as possible and start contributing.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

March made his long-awaited comeback in the 1-1 draw between Albion’s under-23s and Aston Villa back in August, and is now targeting a consistent run of games for Simon Rusk’s side before returning to the first-team squad.
“Hopefully in another week or so I can get in another game in for the under-23s. Then I can push on from there and play in the first team, which I can’t wait for.
“I’ve had a little hiccup recently which has been annoying, but once I get a few games with the under-23s then I’ll be ready. If I get two or three lots of 45 minutes or an hour here or there, then I should be ready.”
The winger is looking forward to battling with the likes of Anthony Knockaert, Jamie Murphy, Kazenga LuaLua and Jiri Skalak for a place in the team and has been impressed with the club’s form so far this season.
“Competition is good and pushes people to bring the best out of them, so hopefully I can push a few people myself once I get back.
“We’ve had a good start and have only lost two games so far. If you had offered this to us at the start of the season, we would’ve taken it.
“That’s a good sign when you’re not playing to your full potential and you’re fourth in the table. Who knows what we can achieve this season?”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here