Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pot hole damage

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
So I had the pleasure of ending up in a pothole at the weekend with a damaged alloy being the result, and a fair whack in terms of repair costs. Apparently you can make a claim to the council to get the money back. Has anyone done this successfully before? How long was the process and do you have any tips?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So I had the pleasure of ending up in a pothole at the weekend with a damaged alloy being the result, and a fair whack in terms of repair costs. Apparently you can make a claim to the council to get the money back. Has anyone done this successfully before? How long was the process and do you have any tips?

Hit and miss whether you get the money from the Council. As a defence the Council only have to show that they a scheduled maintenance programme in place to repair the pot hole. The fact that there is a pot hole in itself does not make the Council liable.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Do it.

I got refunded when I put a claim in.

Jul 7, 2003

Depends on how much you are claiming and how busy they are. As someone who has prior experience from their side, if the claims are fairly small and they are busy they are sometimes paid as it is cheaper than trying to prove responsibility or not. Large claims will be fully investigated and can take ages depending on the Council. Make sure you send in photos of the damage and of the pothole plus as much information to back up your claim.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Don't hold your breath, I wrote to the Council way back in June. They are STILL working on my claim! I've never tried anything like this before, so will be interested to see if I get anything. Apparently, it takes ages because they're dealing with approx 70,000 claims at any one time. Maybe if the roads were in a better state of repair, they wouldn't have so many claims on the go!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Thanks for your help guys. I've got nothing to lose by putting a claim in as I've got pictures etc already. We'll see how it goes

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Develop a sore neck/ shoulder/coccyx, go and see your doctor. Then put your claim in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here