Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i360 £12m now predicted in income. Seems like will be a big success.

Jul 7, 2016
I'm not a big fan myself but surely this can only be good for the city if it is a success and despite all the operating initial problems, seems from the story in the argus it is already a big success.

What do people think? Were all the doom merchants wrong ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Great news. Not to mention the additional business passed on to local independent suppliers.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As someone who is a fan of this thing I am not surprised in the last that this is successful. Whether you like it or not Brighton is a destination town with more visitors than any other seaside resort in the country, and the i-360 is the sort of attraction that daytrippers or holiday makers absolutely love. People love a view, go to any city and the tallest building will always prove to be a popular stop on any intinerary.

Given that British Airways are involved you can bet that they will be promoting it to to their travellers to the UK, and that it will also find itself mentioned in travel guides that people look up before visiting the UK. The i-360 will appeal as much to foreign visitors to London as it will to those who are heading to Brighton.

This is great news and a vindication of the council's decision to divert the government money this project's way and hopefully they will now see the much needed financial pay off in this era of local spending cutbacks.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Has anyone actually read the article? It's a bit confusing but it's referring to a 2013 business plan that the council are trying not to allow public. All a bit cloak and dagger but there's nothing particularly factual there.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
How can this be claimed as a vindication of the plan and its success when it has been open for what, one month? And during a good summer weather month at that.

Ridiculous - needs 2 full years to make a proper assessment. Lets see the takings in Winter 2017.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
How can this be claimed as a vindication of the plan and its success when it has been open for what, one month? And during a good summer weather month at that.

Ridiculous - needs 2 full years to make a proper assessment. Lets see the takings in Winter 2017.

Careful. Pastafarian will be on here accusing you of being a moaner. For what it's worth we went up on Sunday and it was very nice. Another ten minutes at the top would have been good but apart from that no complaints at all.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am part of several Brighton groups on facebook. What is really interesting is that the biggest moaners and complainers about it have not been on it, they have all come to the conclusion it is rubbish and you can get a better view from the racecourse all without even stepping foot on it. Those who have been on it have all enjoyed it and 7.50 for a resident is good value in my opinion. I went at sunset in the summer and really enjoyed it. The éyesore360 and cockring comments really are tiresome as well.

Go on it and then judge it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Careful. Pastafarian will be on here accusing you of being a moaner. For what it's worth we went up on Sunday and it was very nice. Another ten minutes at the top would have been good but apart from that no complaints at all.

What time did you go on? The evening flights are 30 mins rather than 20 and stays at the top for about the right amount i´d say. .

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
What time did you go on? The evening flights are 30 mins rather than 20 and stays at the top for about the right amount i´d say. .
Didn't realise that. Will possibly try and do that before the clocks change. Agree with the post that it feels a bit too quick, another ten mins would be perfect

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

Don't get me wrong, I quite like it and enjoyed my 'flight'. Just a bit early to be toasting its success in my opinion!.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm glad we'll get our money back. It's still a shit eyesore though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The regeneration of the surrounding area that this has prompted easily outweighs any eyesore factor (subjective) IMO. That part of the seafront was ****ing shit and now it's not. At some point compromises had to be made to fund the regeneration of the area and this is it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The regeneration of the surrounding area that this has prompted easily outweighs any eyesore factor (subjective) IMO. That part of the seafront was ****ing shit and now it's not. At some point compromises had to be made to fund the regeneration of the area and this is it.
Fits right in with Regency Square.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
From any vantage point along Brighton's miles of seafront, your view is now permanently blighted by some hideous, brutalist factory chimney,
Every 20 minutes or so, up crawls a disproportionately small flying saucer. After that, it crawls back down again.

That's how this £47million 'attraction' appears to the casual observer. Grotesque.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I shall be taking my school group of Austrians there next April. Less than a third of the price of the London Eye - lovely stuff.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here