Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Managers to come and go since Hughton took over

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
So, after Paul Trollope got the sack today someone on another thread prompted the question about how bad the current situation is.

By my count 42 managers have been sacked in The Championship since 31st December 2014 when Chris Hughton took over. A further 13 interim managers have also had managerial powers taken away from them. In total that is 55 managers.

This is beyond crazy.

There has also been 49 new appointments since Chris took over. 17 still in employment (one of those is Neil Harris with Millwall now in L1.)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If only there was a thread keeping track of how long-serving Chris Hughton was compared to the rest of the FL club's managers.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If only there was a thread keeping track of how long-serving Chris Hughton was compared to the rest of the FL club's managers.

There is, but that thread doesn't show how many have been hired and then sacked SINCE his appointment. I guess it may be worth rolling THIS thread into that one though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is, but that thread doesn't show how many have been hired and then sacked SINCE his appointment. I guess it may be worth rolling THIS thread into that one though.

That was my thinking...

It is a fair point though, the FL seem to be going the way of Italian leagues in terms of getting through managers at frankly childish rates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here