Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff sack their manager

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Always looked a terrible decision to appoint Trollope. No history of success at this level. Why sack Slade if you are going to bring in a less good lower league manager. Vital appointment for them now. If they get this wrong, they could be in serious danger this season. There's no team too good to go down in the Championship.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not a fan of silly season to be honest.

Reckon if Giggs can get his interview technique up to scratch after his lousy performance at Swansea he could be the man for the job.
Another Solskjaer in the making.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
There hasn't been any change -all the managers sacked so far are new - or relatively new - ones. I think he's 28th or 29th

It would be interesting to know how many managers have been a) appointed and b) sacked/resigned since Hughton took over for us. There do seem to be a lot of clubs who've had multiple managers in that time.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In a Bobby Charlton sort of way? What has Giggs done to make anyone think he is up to a Championship job? Just because you are a great footballer doesn't mean you'll be any good at managing.
A man of questionable morals, not that it seems to matter in football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
GNev chose the wrong job, his record was actually better than the manager they've just sacked who replaced him. Ince has had some success although some failure too. Keane was always too much of a **** to be a decent manager.
Difficult to argue with that.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don't agree with all this Giggs should get it bollocks.

Giggs should drop down and prove himself, so what he was an assistant at Manchester United. He's proven at NOTHING. Fed up with ex footballers getting linked with jobs because of their name.

Alan Shearer being linked with England was a prime example, based on what exactly!?!?!?

Don't even get me started on Di Matteo.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
by my count, 55 Championship managers have been sacked since hughton took over

If correct, that is a shocking illustration of what football has become.

Chris Hughton has one of the best jobs in football and he knows it. He's also smart enough to not allow his head to be turned like Poyet did. I hope.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia

Chris Hughton has one of the best jobs in football and he knows it. He's also smart enough to not allow his head to be turned like Poyet did. I hope.

The number of managers that have taken over since chris AND been sacked since is 31!!!

But this number does include interims

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The number of managers that have taken over since chris AND been sacked since is 31!!!

But this number does include interims

That is still a shocking number. It shows that owners are as poor in their decision making as the managers they keep firing. Tony Bloom isn't perfect-hiring Hyppia after the run of results he had. Bloom is smart enough to have learned from that (we hope).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Poyet didn't need to have his head turned he touted himself for every job that he thought was better than the one he had

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It would be interesting to know how many managers have been a) appointed and b) sacked/resigned since Hughton took over for us. There do seem to be a lot of clubs who've had multiple managers in that time.

According to Wikipedia, there have been 107 managerial changes in the top four divisions since Hughton was appointed.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I don't think we need to worry about Hughton, he's the sort of man who won't just leave a club who are giving such autonomous control as he's enjoying here (from the look of it, anyway). He's bringing in the players he wants to, keeping the players he wants to, the board obviously believe in him because they're so prepared to back him and he's got no worries about an owner sacking him for absolutely no reason as he had at Newcastle. If he continues doing the job he's doing, he's got nothing to worry about and I really don't see him wanting to upsticks and leave for anything but a stable Premier League club because there's every chance he'll make us that within the next year or two. If West Brom dumped Pulis, maybe I'd be worried about what they could offer Hughton but generally, I really don't see him as the type of man to be poached, or to want to randomly job hop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here