Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Writing to Players

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The great and good of NSC,

Is writing to players still a thing?

My son (6 years old) is absolutely obsessed with Jamie Murphy. He saw his first game last year at home to Bolton and Jamie scored a great goal quite early on. As such my boy thinks he is brilliant. You may have seen him at the occasional game, he is the only child I have seen with Murphy on the back of their shirt.

So, I was thinking of writing to him with a Birthday card in there and asking whether he would sign it for the lad and send back (I will put in a Stamped envelope) It would genuinely make Christmas for him and is something I would hope they do. But I don't know whether it would just be a case of writing to the club at the stadium and putting Jamies name on it? Or is it a stupid idea?

I would try and grab him after a game but I don't get down to many and the boy is always with me so it would take the surprise away.

Cheers!

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
The great and good of NSC,

Is writing to players still a thing?

My son (6 years old) is absolutely obsessed with Jamie Murphy. He saw his first game last year at home to Bolton and Jamie scored a great goal quite early on. As such my boy thinks he is brilliant. You may have seen him at the occasional game, he is the only child I have seen with Murphy on the back of their shirt.

So, I was thinking of writing to him with a Birthday card in there and asking whether he would sign it for the lad and send back (I will put in a Stamped envelope) It would genuinely make Christmas for him and is something I would hope they do. But I don't know whether it would just be a case of writing to the club at the stadium and putting Jamies name on it? Or is it a stupid idea?

I would try and grab him after a game but I don't get down to many and the boy is always with me so it would take the surprise away.

Cheers!

did exactly this last year for my daughter's birthday which is just before Christmas (Ok, she's significantly more than 6, but what the heck - I didn't tell them that) - sent cards + sae's to three players (none of them Jamie). No response at all.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
did exactly this last year for my daughter's birthday which is just before Christmas (Ok, she's significantly more than 6, but what the heck - I didn't tell them that) - sent cards + sae's to three players (none of them Jamie). No response at all.

Oh, that's a bit of a downer. Was that sent to the club direct?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Oh, that's a bit of a downer. Was that sent to the club direct?

Yes, separate cards to each player, sent to the Amex. All they had to do was open envelope, read brief but polite note, sign card, put in envelope and give to admin person to post. So it wasn't one thing getting 'lost in the post' - it was three. Let me make it clear I'm not complaining here - it happens, but it would have been fun for her (ok, me) to have seen cards from the players

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes, separate cards to each player, sent to the Amex. All they had to do was open envelope, read brief but polite note, sign card, put in envelope and give to admin person to post. So it wasn't one thing getting 'lost in the post' - it was three. Let me make it clear I'm not complaining here - it happens, but it would have been fun for her (ok, me) to have seen cards from the players

Hmm - that's both disappointing and surprising. :nono:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

I totally agree, I think it is possibly more for me than him! I guess it may be a case that they get so much around Christmas that they chose to do none, or the club don't pass it on. It's a shame but understandable.

I might try a few different approaches then and go for one to him direct at AMEX,One to the training ground and one to the marketing department. If that doesn't work I'll just follow him home from the training ground! :lolol:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Ring the club first and get them to tell you the best way of getting it done.

That is a great shout and I am a little disappointed in myself for not thinking that. I seem to find it hard to believe that the club operates outside of Tuesday nights and Saturday afternoons

if PB gets wind of this it will be £20 a hello and £50 pm DD for a Hello hun .

:lolol::lolol:
To be fair I would probably pay it, I will be in the good books for years if I get it done. Put me down for two Hello huns. I'll get a Hemed for the wife as well

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
In the good old Withdean days... I remember taking a bunch of Christmas cards to the kids Christmas party (with my son) and getting dozens of players signatures on them. All the family got one that year! :)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I wonder if the players even see letters that are sent to them via the stadium, presumably they'd be picked up by A.N.Other?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Just sign it yourself.

Scribble "J Murphy 15" in the card and tell your son it was signed by Mr Murphy himself. Your lad will never know...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here