Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Keane called up to the England squad. Better than Lewis Dunk?...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
What do you think NSC?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Decent, solid centre half. Burnley have done well to keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yeah I'd say so, that not by a massive degree.

If Dunk keeps improving then it may not be the case for too much longer.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
just checked, Michael Keane has never received a red card and only 5 yellows

11 yellow cards, he picked up 6 in the 2012-13 season (1 with Man Utd in the League Cup and 5 with Leicester while he was on loan). Still that is a remarkable record for a young centre back.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Very good defender and playing in the Premier League is the clincher

he is playing in The Premier so catches the eye more.

This makes all the difference.

It also helps that Burnley haven't been whipping boys yet, and have only conceded 9 goals in 7 Premier League games, the same as Chelsea and less than Liverpool.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The added bonus for him is that he is playing in The Premier so catches the eye more. 2 Burnley players in the squad could a 3rd make it Andre Gray?

Having three Burnley players in an England squad would be a pretty sad indictment of the problems we have in our national game these days!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I used Soccerbase. Double checked and the BBC report for the Man Utd game Keane played also has him being booked (vs Chelsea in the League Cup). Your link doesn't include his Leicester games at all.

I would use Soccerbase if work didn't think it was a gambling website and block it! Either way, for a CB it's ridiculously low, Especially the Championship stats on him!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cant be sure of the exact figure but I read in a recent weekend of Premier games there was only about 37% who were eligible to play for England. That is the problem but when Brexit comes about will the FA and should they restrict the number of 'foreigners' a club can field.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Having three Burnley players in an England squad would be a pretty sad indictment of the problems we have in our national game these days!

Good to see players from "unfashionable" clubs getting a chance. Vardy springs to mind also.

Who knows what an England team selected from the EFL might achieve. Surely they can't do any worse than the pampered prima donnas from the Premier League?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I cant be sure of the exact figure but I read in a recent weekend of Premier games there was only about 37% who were eligible to play for England. That is the problem but when Brexit comes about will the FA and should they restrict the number of 'foreigners' a club can field.

If the PL wanted to restrict the number of foreigners, there's nothing stopping them doing so. The EU laws apply to players signed for the club but there's nothing stopping a league implementing quotas - as the Italian league has done.

There's also nothing stopping a league banning non-EU players or putting strict limits on them - many leagues across Europe do this. The fact that the PL doesn't is purely down to the fact that the PL doesn't want to (which is down to the fact that the PL is not the FA and has no interest in making the national team better).

I know it's fashionable to blame the EU for everything at the moment but it's really not guilty on this one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here