Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevenage v Brighton U23/21/over 25s The EFL Checkatrade Trophy 19.45 Ko

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Game 2 of this Harry potter world competition sees The boys from the Amex take on the Men from the Lamex , a loss tonight would probably mean a exit from the cup with just 1 game left v Orient at the amex , in the 4 team league round 1 system , most would i presume say good job too but having seen the game v Southend we were by far the better footballing team yet lacked a target man which in the end cost us , looks like we may put out a more experienced team tonight so it's valuable match practice for Connor and Uwe and possibly Elvis that without this format they wouldn't have got , so whatever you think about the format it has a upside for us , i doubt there will be many travelling tonight but here's a quick ground guide .

http://www.stevenagefc.com/news/article/2016-17/stevenage-v-brighton-match-pack-3344893.aspx

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I'm really hoping they do coverage on seagulls player tonight, like they did in the first match of this tournement, I'm getting into it, as are others. especially when a few 1st team players will be in the team!.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hopefully a positive result tonight, would take a point and then put it all on a big game against Orient at home and I'd back us to turn them over in front of a home Amex audience to take us through to the knockout stages.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I imagine the starting 11 will look a bit like this:

Sanchez

Hunt
White
Hall
Adekugbe

Hornby-Forbes
Molumby
Ince (c)
Bjordal

Manu
Ayunga

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hopefully a positive result tonight, would take a point and then put it all on a big game against Orient at home and I'd back us to turn them over in front of a home Amex audience to take us through to the knockout stages.
In front of An attendance of about 300 in this pointless competition? I highly doubt it.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'm really hoping they do coverage on seagulls player tonight, like they did in the first match of this tournement, I'm getting into it, as are others. especially when a few 1st team players will be in the team!.
You should not be getting in to this tournament. 95% of fans of the clubs involved are boycotting.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
In front of An attendance of about 300 in this pointless competition? I highly doubt it.

Multiply that audience by at least 10. Will be great encouragement for our youngsters/fringe players to play at home.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

More likely to be played at the training ground or Crawley I would think.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Multiply that audience by at least 10. Will be great encouragement for our youngsters/fringe players to play at home.

Haha dream on, if you like we can have a £10 bet, if the attendance is more than 2500 I will donate to the REMF, if it is less than you do the same? I'd much rather give money to our charity than pay the same amount to get in to the Amex for this pointless competition.

More likely to be played at the training ground or Crawley I would think.
It will be at the Amex, only the middle blocks of the West stand will be open.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If it's a draw isn't there a penalty shoot out for another point ?

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
You should not be getting in to this tournament. 95% of fans of the clubs involved are boycotting.

Yes it seems pretty pointless, But what better way to show the strength of our club if our under 23's start doing well against lower 1st team clubs!.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Yes it seems pretty pointless, But what better way to show the strength of our club if our under 23's start doing well against lower 1st team clubs!.

I would be interested if we could play our under 23's in say the EFL Cup!. and other cups!.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I imagine the starting 11 will look a bit like this:

Sanchez

Hunt
White
Hall
Adekugbe

Hornby-Forbes
Molumby
Ince (c)
Bjordal

Manu
Ayunga

Hughton has strongly hinted that Goldson, Uwe, Poco, Manu, Hunt and Ince will get game time tonight of the first team squad.
Bjordal and Adekugbe are injured.
6 of the starting 11 have to be u21.

Last time out the u23s team (who beat Nottm Forest 7-0) on Saturday...
Sanchez; White, Hall (Tighe 60), Barclay, Cox; Collar, Hutchinson, Starkey (De Sousa 74); Tilley, Ayunga (Harper 74), Ward.

Last time out v Southend our line up was:
Sanchez; White, Goldson (Harper 63), Huenemeier, Cadman; Collar, Hutchinson, Molumby; Hornby-Forbes (Barclay 69), Ward, Starkey (Tilley 63).

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Hughton has strongly hinted that Goldson, Uwe, Poco, Manu, Hunt and Ince will get game time tonight of the first team squad.
Bjordal and Adekugbe are injured.
6 of the starting 11 have to be u21.

Last time out the u23s team (who beat Nottm Forest 7-0) on Saturday...
Sanchez; White, Hall (Tighe 60), Barclay, Cox; Collar, Hutchinson, Starkey (De Sousa 74); Tilley, Ayunga (Harper 74), Ward.

Last time out v Southend our line up was:
Sanchez; White, Goldson (Harper 63), Huenemeier, Cadman; Collar, Hutchinson, Molumby; Hornby-Forbes (Barclay 69), Ward, Starkey (Tilley 63).

Not a huge fan of us playing in this but it is good, now we're out of the League Cup, to give more game time to players returning from injury/on the fringes of the squad.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Understand that it's not good for the lower league clubs. But great for our club individually for the youngsters to gain experience against first team sides in the football league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here