Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster-Caskey

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Anyone have any idea what's happened to Jake at Rotherham?

Not played a single minute since the 3-0 defeat against Villa on 13th August. Largely he seems to have been an unused substitute, although on a few occasions he hasn't even made the bench.

Doesn't seem to be going well for him up there :(

Anybody have a Rotherham supporting mate who can offer some insight? I thought he'd do OK for them.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7614644 said:
Anyone have any idea what's happened to Jake at Rotherham?

Not played a single minute since the 3-0 defeat against Villa on 13th August. Largely he seems to have been an unused substitute, although on a few occasions he hasn't even made the bench.

Doesn't seem to be going well for him up there :(

Anybody have a Rotherham supporting mate who can offer some insight? I thought he'd do OK for them.
[MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] has Rotherham connections so should know.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
He played in the 4-0 defeat to Barnsley at the end of August. Maybe injured?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't know if he's injured or not but not really the sort of player you want in a team fighting against relegation imo.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
From the local rag:

Stubbs has already dropped midfield pair Scott Allan and Jake Forster-Caskey after being unhappy with their approach, and is considering more changes for tonight’s Yorkshire derby. “An element of Scott not being in the squad against Cardiff was a reaction to what I saw against Blackburn (a week earlier),” he said. “We just left him out of the squad to reflect on his performances. He’s someone we feel has a lot more to offer than he is showing right now. Jake’s in a similar situation. The shirt has to mean something. “If you don’t take your opportunity, you can’t have any complaints. They have to take it (being left out) on board. Right now, we don’t have time for anyone feeling sorry for themselves.”

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
He was an unused sub on Saturday. If he was injured presumably he wouldn't have been on the bench. If he can't make the starting line-up for a team that's bottom of the division, then things most certainly aren't going well for him!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
From the local rag:

Stubbs has already dropped midfield pair Scott Allan and Jake Forster-Caskey after being unhappy with their approach, and is considering more changes for tonight’s Yorkshire derby. “An element of Scott not being in the squad against Cardiff was a reaction to what I saw against Blackburn (a week earlier),” he said. “We just left him out of the squad to reflect on his performances. He’s someone we feel has a lot more to offer than he is showing right now. Jake’s in a similar situation. The shirt has to mean something. “If you don’t take your opportunity, you can’t have any complaints. They have to take it (being left out) on board. Right now, we don’t have time for anyone feeling sorry for themselves.”

A good analogy I think. Alan Stubbs is right. His team need fighters, players who are prepared to run themselves ragged for the cause. Is Jake that sort of player? I'll leave you to decide.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
From the local rag:

They may well have the option to send him back in January.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
he's a young lad that needs help not criticism.... too many good footballers are lost because they don'tr have that inner edge to make it work and that needs coaching far more than his football capabilities.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
he's a young lad that needs help not criticism.... too many good footballers are lost because they don'tr have that inner edge to make it work and that needs coaching far more than his football capabilities.

Sorry to say but he's simply not up to it - had his opportunity at this level and has shown he's simply not good enough

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Have heard from someone who should know that he is a bit of a billy big whatsits

Sort of agree. He does seem to be a bit of a Benteke with even less talent, bigging himself up more than his contribution justifies. Sorry to say route is now loan to League 1/2 in Jan, get rid of asap to a lower League or non League outfit. Lasting memories are goal against Saints and wonder goal against Rotherham (ironically) but never moved on. You can't 'learn' for ever...

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Sort of agree. He does seem to be a bit of a Benteke with even less talent, bigging himself up more than his contribution justifies. Sorry to say route is now loan to League 1/2 in Jan, get rid of asap to a lower League or non League outfit. Lasting memories are goal against Saints and wonder goal against Rotherham (ironically) but never moved on. You can't 'learn' for ever...

He is 2 years younger than Dunk who was getting pelters a couple of years ago and even last season. Difficult for the club, if they don't think he's going to make it they will want to make as much money shipping him out as possible, they won't do that while he's sulking on the Rotherham subs bench.

FWIW I think he'll be League One before long. Sounds as though the England U21 experience hasn't helped his ego.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
JFC has an attitude problem which is why he was shipped out on loan in the first place, seems he hasn't taken the opportunity to change his ways.

Ballshit, where do you get this view from or is it purely your own?

The biggest problem for Jake is/was the hype.

As already said I found it an odd move for him to be going to a relegation battle, he should have gone back to MK Dons where he was doing well at the tail end of last season, pushing for promotion and gaining confidence. Being stuck up north in the arse end of no where is going to be difficult for anyone. Especially for a lad of only 22.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Good point. Despite the rumours of an attitude problem, JFC's biggest issue at Brighton is that he does not suit CH's 4-4-2. With Kayal & Stephens, it's like we have 2.5 players in the centre of midfield - you just can't compare Jake with those two (or Sidwell & Norwood it would seem). However, put him in a central 3 with a water carrier and I think he is fine in the Championship. England recognised his talents, we should too although he'll probably need to move to a club that plays 5 in midfield,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here