Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey fans steal one of our songs

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Watching a random video on YouTube of away days and towards the end of the video Pompey fans start singing "We're F'ing Brilliant!". Can't say I've ever heard any other fans sing this since we started it at that memorable game at London Road back in 2010.

It can be heard here around 19mins 20 seconds.

[yt]MoC2gYAMJxw[/yt]

#twats

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Didnt think we started it, thought we lifted it from someone else?

Aren't all songs taken from elsewhere?
Obviously I'm not 100% sure but I'd never heard it before Peterborough away being sung by any team (I watch a lot of away fans videos on YT) and not heard any other fans sing it either. Happy to be proven wrong.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'll be having words with that Barnet fan next time I see him! I wondered where he was at Fratton Park. I hope he's in the away end at Doncaster on Saturday. :annoyed:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didnt think we started it, thought we lifted it from someone else?

Think this one was an Albion invention TBH - no mention of anyone else singing it at the time!

Also annoys me how we basically made the heartbeat song popular and many have nicked it. There was a video of Liverpool singing it for Maxi Rodriguez but had never heard it on the TV etc and then he left - so not even sure they sang it much. But we made it very good & catchy with Benno and were the only ones singing it for a while I believe.

Never much mention about CP2010FC mugging the song a few years later for their best player (Yannick Bolasie) either.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Think this one was an Albion invention TBH - no mention of anyone else singing it at the time!

Also annoys me how we basically made the heartbeat song popular and many have nicked it. There was a video of Liverpool singing it for Maxi Rodriguez but had never heard it on the TV etc and then he left - so not even sure they sang it much. But we made it very good & catchy with Benno and were the only ones singing it for a while I believe.

Never much mention about CP2010FC mugging the song a few years later for their best player (Yannick Bolasie) either.

Not sure you can say Brighton and Hove Albion - playing in front of 7,000 fans in League One at Withdean - made that song popular when it was sung for what, two thirds of a season in 2010-11 when Liverpool were doing it regularly by 45,000 people at Anfield for two seasons in the biggest league in the world

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure you can say Brighton and Hove Albion - playing in front of 7,000 fans in League One at Withdean - made that song popular when it was sung for what, two thirds of a season in 2010-11 when Liverpool were doing it regularly by 45,000 people at Anfield for two seasons in the biggest league in the world

I certainly never heard it by Liverpool apart from that YouTube vid on here when the Benno song was created but I could well be wrong... I'm sure Maxi left them very soon after we started it too.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Are you a Liverpool fan? Genuine question.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
We lifted a song from Palace that they lifted from St Pauli. We should come up with another unique Albion song.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We lifted a song from Palace that they lifted from St Pauli. We should come up with another unique Albion song.

Celtic were first to sing it here - and it soon died out at BHA...

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Are you a Liverpool fan? Genuine question.
Of course he isn't. He's just stating the ****ing obvious.

God, people are so precious over our (lack of) songs. The reality is we have been shite at coming up with songs - we have a largely unimaginative and dim following these days, a far cry from the early 00's when we actually came up with some good chants.

Most depressing of all is the utter plebs in the North Stand who have given up on the long standing tradition of chanting "Seagulls" at corners. If we can't manage that there's no hope.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here