Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaetan Bong

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Naylor said:
Bong, now getting back to the form he was in during the first three months of last season prior to a lengthy injury, crossed to the near post and Anthony Knockaert swept in his fifth goal of the season.

Aside from the result, this is one of the best bits of Albion news I've read recently. Well, that along with seemingly being proved wrong over Shane Duffy. Absolutely brilliant, and probably says as much about Hughton as it does about Bong himself. Hughton stuck with him through several shìt performances, perhaps recognising that real match practice is the only way to get his form back, and now we've got our left-back back. :cheers:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It was so frustrating when he was injured last year, after his start to the season. Was really excited to get him back but there was no hiding the fact he wasn't playing half as well as he had done for.

Great to see he's getting his form back.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Agreed. Before his injury he was absolutely immense. Anywhere close to that and I'll be delighted.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bong is definitely getting better game by game and as for Duffy - he is immense - the block shot he did with his face on Saturday and didn't even blink is the of thing that inspires the team and the fans

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hughton's powers of motivation and getting the players to believe are of a level I have NEVER seen from an Albion manager before.

Bong, Duffy and now Norwood have all come good after shaky starts to this season and the team spirit seems to be nothing short of amazing. The whole of the defence looked like we'd conceded an equaliser or even lost when that last gasp Wednesday goal went in I have never seen a reaction like that from Albion players before either.

Even glum Glenn Murray seems to be LOVING playing in this team.

I may have to reconsider completely writing off our chances of a top two finish :smile:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Welcome back Mr Bong, last 2 performaces have been much improved :)

Lucky Lucky man Rosenior was injured or he would have been out of the side a month ago.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Our sucess during the first half of last season was built on a solid back five ..which with no disrespect to The German and GG is even better this season

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hughton's powers of motivation and getting the players to believe are of a level I have NEVER seen from an Albion manager before.

Bong, Duffy and now Norwood have all come good after shaky starts to this season and the team spirit seems to be nothing short of amazing. The whole of the defence looked like we'd conceded an equaliser or even lost when that last gasp Wednesday goal went in I have never seen a reaction like that from Albion players before either.

I may have to reconsider completely writing off our chances of a top two finish :smile:

Agree with all that IG ..but would add that some of it us lot bring a bit too impatient for example Duffy being written off after 2 matches ..sometimes I don't think we realise what a good level of football our lot are on

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012

I absolutely LOVED Duffy's reaction, he was FUMING. Never seen an Albion defense so passionate about conceding a last minute goal, that really wasn't gonna change the result.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think we now have the best defence in the Championship with very good players in reserve

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
To the tune of Big Ben:

Ding Ding Dang Dong
Ding Ding Dong Dang
Dang Dang Dang Dang
Ding Ding Dang Dong

BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
To the tune of Big Ben:

Ding Ding Dang Dong
Ding Ding Dong Dang
Dang Dang Dang Dang
Ding Ding Dang Dong

BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG

The suggestions for chants and songs on here are usually cringeworthily bad. THAT is fantastic.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
To the tune of Big Ben:

Ding Ding Dang Dong
Ding Ding Dong Dang
Dang Dang Dang Dang
Ding Ding Dang Dong

BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG

Yes let's all sing Portsmouth's anthem... and glad all over too. On second thoughts. ..

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Agree with all of this especially the comment about conceding on Saturday. I've never seen a keeper and defenders so annoyed about conceding what was almost certain to just be a consolation (and in a historic win too).

Stockdale looked so dejected when walking off the pitch having had a very good game. He was another one getting stick from some on here a few weeks ago and has proved them wrong.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Lucky Lucky man Rosenior was injured or he would have been out of the side a month ago.

Agreed. The competition at full back when Rosenior returns and Pocognoli builds up his match fitness is going to be immense. Another position where we've improved our cover from last season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Roseniors injury made no difference as Bong is the best and No 1 left back at the club and I think that CH believes that as well and if there is to be competition for his place it will come from Pocognoli even when LR is fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here