Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get Shamrocked festival California - Seagulls fan on stage?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
These images just popped up on my FB timeline, no idea who the band are, anyone here?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Found out, he's called Steve Almond, the band is Brick Top Blaggers, not sure what the Albion connection is or if there is one.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Found out, he's called Steve Almond, the band is Brick Top Blaggers, not sure what the Albion connection is or if there is one.

REVIEW – BRICK TOP BLAGGERS "COASTER" BlagThis Limited (2011)

..“Government Issue” lyrics are brave: a song asking why our young soldiers are sent to lands faraway. Steve comes from Brighton, East Sussex (England). So I guess that he likes the excellent song written by The Levellers “Another Man’s Cause”.

The second song written by Steve is “Goldstone Ground”. This is one of the highlights, a superb song. Steve hailing from Brighton, he had to be a Brighton and Hove Albion supporter like other East Sussex acts such as The Fish Brothers and Attila the Stockbroker. Goldstone Ground was the old BAHA stadium and it was sold in 1997. Today it’s a shopping mall. So, the song is about the nostalgia of the place. Celtic punk at its best.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Never heard of them but just listened to their album on Spotify. They are cracking! If you like the likes of Dropkick Murphys then you'll probably like this lot.

That said its safe to say Goldstone Ground isn't one of their better numbers.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Never heard of them but just listened to their album on Spotify. They are cracking! If you like the likes of Dropkick Murphys then you'll probably like this lot.

That said its safe to say Goldstone Ground isn't one of their better numbers.

Endorse the comment about this track - the "commentary" at the start features the names of band members. Having now listened to them on Spotify, I will be charitable and say I suspect they are a good live act best enjoyed with the aid of quantities of the "Black Stuff".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here