Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Away Win - No Kayal Or Stephens

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Never thought we would win so convincingly yesterday without Kayal and Stephens
Just goes to show that life will go on if both do let their contracts run down and leave next year
Also we have much stronger squad now, will still need to improve squad further in January though

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Just goes to show that life will go on if both do let their contracts run down and leave next year
Also we have much stronger squad now, will still need to improve squad further in January though

It is one game...I would much rather have Kayal and Stephens in the team....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We need all 4 of them....got to have cover.

Interesting point to consider maybe is the partnership aspect - if Kayal or Stephens aren't available, should we drop the other given how well Sidwell and Norwood played together ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We need all 4 of them....got to have cover.

Interesting point to consider maybe is the partnership aspect - if Kayal or Stephens aren't available, should we drop the other given how well Sidwell and Norwood played together ?

Worth a try as it hasnt worked when 1 has been out and replaced by either Sidwell or Norwood.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Would be an argument that both Sidwell and Norwood have earned the right to be the starting pair next game. Im sure both have a big point to continue to prove after being written off by the all knowing Albion faithful so early.

el punal

For the first time in years we now have strength in depth for nearly all the positions. The fact that we have retained the players we want and not sold them in the transfer window (Stephens, Dunk, Knockaert, Kayal as examples) shows the ambition and commitment of the club to pursue promotion. Of course, there are some on this board will state exactly the opposite.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Lets not get carried away, yes they both had excellent games but I fully hope and expect Kayal and Stephens to be reinstated into the team for the Preston game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lets not get carried away, yes they both had excellent games but I fully hope and expect Kayal and Stephens to be reinstated into the team for the Preston game.

There seems to be a doubt about the extent of Kayal's injury.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
There seems to be a doubt about the extent of Kayal's injury.

That is my only concern and was at the time when I saw Kayal hobbling out of the Amex after the Barnsley game. Some were saying they thought he would be back for the Ipswich game but I knew there was no chance. The club are always very hard to read when commenting about the extent of injuries however would hope he will be back for the Preston game given the international break as a recovery period.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Sidwell and Norwood were very disciplined in that was always one of them close to our back four - both had plenty of time watching from the bench what the other two do re constant inter changing - the coaching all four of them get will have a lot to do with this though and deserves a lot of the credit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here