Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The current yellow card count

Sorry if posted elsewhere but thought it would be good to know in one place.

Anyone know how many each of our players have?

I think some/many are on 4 so suspension is looming. Also anyone know the date at which you don't get a suspension for 5? Christmas rings a bell.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We seem to pick up a lot, 4 more yesterday to Their none.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Baldock 3 Yellow 1 Red
Bong 5 Yellow
Bruno 2 Yellow
Duffy 3 Yellow 1 Red (Only 1 Yellow with us but all count towards possible suspensions)
Dunk 4 Yellow
Hemed 2 Yellow
Kayal 1 Yellow
Knockaert 4 Yellow
Murray 1 Yellow
Norwood 4 Yellow
Sidwell 1 Yellow
Skalak 1 Yellow
Stephens 3 Yellow 1 Red

Dunk, Knockaert and Norwood all 1 Yellow away from a ban.

Can't find the cut off dates for this season but last season it was 30th November for 5 Yellows, 2nd Sunday in April for 10 yellows and end of season for 15 yellows.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Moreover it was little short of scandalous that two yellow cards were shown for dissent yesterday, and one for over celebrating after scoring a goal.

Especially worrying as it came just a few days after Hughton had called the players together in the wake of Gaetan Bong and Dale Stephens, both seeing red for back chatting to referees.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have still not seen any footage or report of what the ref deemed to be over celebrating by AK. Would anybody who went like to enlighten me as to what he actually did.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Baldock 3 Yellow 1 Red
Bong 5 Yellow
Bruno 2 Yellow
Duffy 3 Yellow 1 Red (Only 1 Yellow with us but all count towards possible suspensions)
Dunk 4 Yellow
Hemed 2 Yellow
Kayal 1 Yellow
Knockaert 4 Yellow
Murray 1 Yellow
Norwood 4 Yellow
Sidwell 1 Yellow
Skalak 1 Yellow
Stephens 3 Yellow 1 Red

Can't find the cut off dates for this season but last season it was 30th November for 5 Yellows, 2nd Sunday in April for 10 yellows and end of season for 15 yellows.

Thanks for this. Just to clarify: have you separated out yellows from reds? In other words, has Stephens, for instance, picked up three yellows, and then the two further yellows that yielded him the red?

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I have still not seen any footage or report of what the ref deemed to be over celebrating by AK. Would anybody who went like to enlighten me as to what he actually did.

I think yesterday you could have been booked for possession of an Albion shirt or looking slightly bewildered about some of the decisions; after all, all the cards came our way. I can only think that Knocky ran in front of Wednesday fans having just scored, but then, he couldn't do much else as their ground tends to be full of Sheffield Wednesday fans! What was he supposed to do? Manfully shake hands with his team-mates and stride purposefully back to our half?! Get real, ref!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Pretending to be an airplane whilst sticking his tongue out at the Wednesday stand seems to be the reason. I read somewhere that a Wednesday fan thinks it could have caused a riot. Really? How precious must Wednesday fans be.

On what I've seen it appears the ref thought it was time to book an Albion player again, as we hadn't had a booking for a while :smile:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think yesterday you could have been booked for possession of an Albion shirt or looking slightly bewildered about some of the decisions; after all, all the cards came our way. I can only think that Knocky ran in front of Wednesday fans having just scored, but then, he couldn't do much else as their ground tends to be full of Sheffield Wednesday fans! What was he supposed to do? Manfully shake hands with his team-mates and stride purposefully back to our half?! Get real, ref!

I think he got the yellow for high fives with the bench.I didn't see the ref going for a yellow when he rang towards the corner in front of the Wednesday fans.

I think the current directive on clamping down on dissent is seen by some refs as increasing their pettiness. Get a decision obviously wrong and then when any player queries it, out comes the yellow, but perfectly happy to let back tackles go unpunished.

Yesterday was a clear example, Bruno is deemed to have conceded a free kick on the edge of the box, when the Wednesday player leaps at him from a yard or two and falls down. Bruno just standing his ground and a clear attempt to win a free kick which the ref falls for, Bruno basically says Que? and gets a yellow. Ref feels all righteous for clamping down on dissent and therefore overlooks his poor decision to start with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd like to know how many of those cards are for 'proper' fouls, and how many are for sarcasm.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like to know how many of those cards are for 'proper' fouls, and how many are for sarcasm.

I was thinking this, I reckon the majority have nothing to with fouls, most were for telling the ref he got the decision to give a free kick wrong. I also wonder how many times the player was right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was thinking this, I reckon the majority have nothing to with fouls, most were for telling the ref he got the decision to give a free kick wrong. I also wonder how many times the player was right.
The law clears states the answer to that is NONE.

Yet here we are in October still picking them up.
You'd like to think footballers aren't the thick as shite stereo type , but here we are.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Baldock 3 Yellow 1 Red
Bong 5 Yellow
Bruno 2 Yellow
Dunk 4 Yellow
Hemed 2 Yellow
Kayal 1 Yellow
Knockaert 4 Yellow
Murray 1 Yellow
Norwood 4 Yellow
Sidwell 1 Yellow
Skalak 1 Yellow
Stephens 3 Yellow 1 Red

Are you counting Baldock & Stephens' yellows that lead to their red? If so, I don't believe they count as yellows essentially so both would be on one? I think....?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Thanks for this. Just to clarify: have you separated out yellows from reds? In other words, has Stephens, for instance, picked up three yellows, and then the two further yellows that yielded him the red?

In the case of the red cards shown to Baldock and Stephens I am only counting the first yellow shown, then the red separately (and not adding the second yellow to the count for yellow cards).

Are you counting Baldock & Stephens' yellows that lead to their red? If so, I don't believe they count as yellows essentially so both would be on one? I think....?

I am not sure if the first yellow counts when a player is sent off for two yellows. so the list is a worse case scenario assuming the first yellow shown still counts to the totting up ban.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here