Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malaysian grand Prix don't open if watching replay later

Just watched it. Please do not read if you are watching the replay later.

Rosberg down to last after first corner spin.
Hamilton out on his own.
Rosberg claws back through the field..
Hamilton's NEW engine blows up
Riciardo wins
Verstappen 2nd
Rosberg 3rd

Hamilton now 23 points adrift of Rosberg.

Now I don't normally go for the conspiracy theories but it is getting slightly concerning that out of the 8 Mercedes power units on the grid it always seems to be Hamilton's that has issues.

Hamilton has essentially accused someone of trying to stop him win the title again.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Hamilton out on his own.
Riciardo wins
Verstappen 2nd
Rosberg 3rd

Now I don't normally go for the conspiracy theories but it is getting slightly concerning that out of the 8 Mercedes power units on the grid it always seems to be Hamilton's that has issues.

Hamilton has essentially accused someone of trying to stop him win the title again.

Assume it will be a new power unit for Lewis and another 50 place (or whatever) grid penalty?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont worry as a USA company has bought F1 so they will probably change the rules to help a yank win the title and this may change F1 as everybody knows it.

Dont worry as a USA company has bought F1 so they will probably change the rules to help a yank win the title and this may change F1 as everybody knows it.

Not sure what this has to do with Hamilton's engine blowing up to be honest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They will possibly scrap the rules on how many engines they can use if they can sell more USA manufactured parts, so no good for this race but for future.

They will possibly scrap the rules on how many engines they can use if they can sell more USA manufactured parts, so no good for this race but for future.

I don't think there are any US engines being used currently.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Assume it will be a new power unit for Lewis and another 50 place (or whatever) grid penalty?

Doubt it.
He had the 55 place grid penalty at Spa after banking a few engine parts for future races.

Doubt it.
He had the 55 place grid penalty at Spa after banking a few engine parts for future races.

Didn't realise it worked like that.

Rosberg is bound to take a penalty before the end of the season though unless his engine miraculously keeps going for the last 5.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was joking with my suggestion of rule changes to help USA drivers.:ffsparr:

I got it BG :lol: :thumbsup:

It's the rest of them that are stupid bro - you and I are cool as **** :thumbsup:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Hamilton out on his own.
Riciardo wins
Verstappen 2nd
Rosberg 3rd

...and you know how he feels. The team want to keep Rosberg motivated and what better way than a title. They have walked the constructors and its not a burning issue which driver wins it. Therefore its Nico's turn.

...and you know how he feels. The team want to keep Rosberg motivated and what better way than a title. They have walked the constructors and its not a burning issue which driver wins it. Therefore its Nico's turn.

It does seem odd.
Rumours around F1 are gathering pace that the switch of mechanics, Hamilton's to Rosberg and vice versa may have a bearing on things although god knows how they'd manage it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here