Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Show on Ch 5.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I would like to see it again. At the time ( in real time ) I felt he had made the most of it. I stand corrected if I am in the wrong.

No doubt he made the most of it but it was a foul and giving the penalty was the right decision.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Agree with this. I was thinking exactly the same. Threw his toys out of the pram when we refused to buy him a house (or something similar) as a signing on fee if I remember correctly. We were potless at the time (cue [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION])

Still remember the foul on him that lead to Leon Knight's penalty at Cardiff.

And there lies the problem with having ex players as pundits, most will not give the obvious true answer to a question or to predict a result, they seem to always protect their favourite ex club or slag off a club if they had a hard time at.
Not all of course, i find Shearer very honest about Newcastle for instance, but try to find Rio Ferdinand say anything negative about Man United or predict that they will loose and you will searching for a long time.
I always find ex Liverpool and Man U players to be the worst.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And there lies the problem with having ex players as pundits, most will not give the obvious true answer to a question or to predict a result, they seem to always protect their favourite ex club or slag off a club if they had a hard time at.
Not all of course, i find Shearer very honest about Newcastle for instance, but try to find Rio Ferdinand say anything negative about Man United or predict that they will loose and you will searching for a long time.
I always find ex Liverpool and Man U players to be the worst.

I think that it is generally better to have ex players on than current but I must admit I prefer ex or retired managers like Curbishley who have no axe to grind. Surprised Ch5 havent sought out Alan Mullery who when on sky was quite good. Or Neil Warnock who has had so many clubs it would be impossible to slag them all off.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Agree with this. I was thinking exactly the same. Threw his toys out of the pram when we refused to buy him a house (or something similar) as a signing on fee if I remember correctly. We were potless at the time (cue [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION])

Still remember the foul on him that lead to Leon Knight's penalty at Cardiff.

Who was it that the POTLESS pillock offered a tank of petrol to SING a NEW contract ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
While we're on the 5 show, why did they show Newcastle first last night? There are other teams in the league, after all. If they're on first in a dull game against the bottom team, then they'll be on first all season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
While we're on the 5 show, why did they show Newcastle first last night? There are other teams in the league, after all. If they're on first in a dull game against the bottom team, then they'll be on first all season.

Because Newcastle are the new Leeds. Don't expect them to slip down the pecking order any time soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here