Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Haven't seen any yet? ....or is it just a case of 7.5 - 9 for everybody?

Pah! Funky Dunky was a perfect 10. His Costacurta style brilliance was a joy to behold, as he cleaved the Wednesday massive in twain and showed the world the true meaning of attacking folly. A beautiful moment now hewn into the living tapestry of our fair Albion.

Onward.

Ermmm 8 for the rest. Ahem.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Pah! Funky Dunky was a perfect 10. His Costacurta style brilliance was a joy to behold, as he cleaved the Wednesday massive in twain and showed the world the true meaning of attacking folly. A beautiful moment now hewn into the living tapestry of our fair Albion.

Onward.

Ok.......any other offers?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Onward.

I'd have preferred 'perfidious Albion' to 'fair Albion' but apart from that a stunning piece of prose.

Kosh 9/10
The team 9.1/10 across the board.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Stockdale 7.5 good performance could do nothing about the goal
Bruno 9 :bowdown: Bruuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnoooooooooo
Dunk 10 Perfect.
9.5 Slightly bellow Dunk but superb nonetheless
Bong 8.5 So much better than of recent, good assist
Knockaert 8.5 Good goal, standard Knockaert
Sidwell 9.5 Imperious midfield performance. Was extremely impressed
Norwood 8.5 Very Good
Murphy 7.5 Did pretty well, linked with Bong
Baldock 8.5 Excellent
Muarry 8 Should have had a goal it was onside

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Stockdale 8.5 - Nothing he could do about the goal but brilliant save from a long range short and commanded his area well
Bruno 8 - Solid as usual. It's hard to believe he's 36 when you watch him
Duffy 9.5 - Amazing. What a signing he looks. Won everything in the air (along with Dunk) and blocked so many of their shots/crosses
Dunk 10 - Same as Duffy but an amazing assist for the first goal makes him man of the match
Bong 7.5 - A bit variable but getting back to the Bong we saw last season
Norwood 9 - Excellent performance including a fantastic header off the line at 1-0
Sidwell 8 - A bit quieter than Norwood but played really well and made an impact
Knockaert 9.5 - So great to see him perform away from home. Got the goal and troubled Wednesday all afternoon.
Murphy 8.5 - Very effective. Caused real problems, including a fantastic cross that Murray couldn't quite get to.
Murray 7.5 - A bit frustrating in his hold up play at times but worked hard and solid defensively. Unfortunate not to get a goal judging by replays of his disallowed one.
Baldock 8.5 - Dangerous all game and caused lots of problems. And got the goal that often he lack. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Subs

Skalak 7 - Not much impact but worked hard to support Bong, although might have been at fault for their goal
Hemed 6 - No time to make an impact

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting to see the 2 post above and the complete difference in Sidwell and Norwood, One says one was better the other says the opposite just shows the difference of opinions.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Interesting to see the 2 post above and the complete difference in Sidwell and Norwood, One says one was better the other says the opposite just shows the difference of opinions.

I sometimes read your stuff, and I feel like I'm glimpsing into a world where 4 year olds are charged with writing a critique of In the Name of the Rose. That in itself is no criticism of your work, merely an observation of my opinion reflected in my mirror of crystal pretension.

Utterly impregnable prose I know, but right now I feel as if I'm dancing naked beneath a lawn sprinkler on a hot July night. Yet, and here's the rub, someone's turned the water off... and yet I feel it's cooling touch...

On or off, it's a question of opinion.

Yep - you were right all along.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I sometimes read your stuff, and I feel like I'm glimpsing into a world where 4 year olds are charged with writing a critique of In the Name of the Rose. That in itself is no criticism of your work, merely an observation of my opinion reflected in my mirror of crystal pretension.

Utterly impregnable prose I know, but right now I feel as if I'm dancing naked beneath a lawn sprinkler on a hot July night. Yet, and here's the rub, someone's turned the water off... and yet I feel it's cooling touch...

:lolol::bowdown: Honestly Kosh, you and Wellesey/Wellsey are head and shoulders above everyone else on here in the chortle stakes. Ernest and Meades Ball take note.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Awesome! But will BG understand?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sidwell 9.5 Imperious midfield performance. Was extremely impressed
Norwood 8.5 Very Good

Norwood 9 - Excellent performance including a fantastic header off the line at 1-0
Sidwell 8 - A bit quieter than Norwood but played really well and made an impact

Not really a 'complete difference' is it!? Both claim that both players were excellent.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Wednesday's goal came after Murray had been replaced by Hemed. We've always known how good Murray is defensively so how likely is it we could have kept a clean sheet if not for the substitution? Was it the sub which cost us the goal?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Wednesday's goal came after Murray had been replaced by Hemed. We've always known how good Murray is defensively so how likely is it we could have kept a clean sheet if not for the substitution? Was it the sub which cost us the goal?

Hemed is pretty good defensively too

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

It was from open play so Murray would have made no difference although I do agree we look more solid from set pieces now and I think the signings of Murray and Duffy are a key reason for that

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
From the Sunday Times (work colleague's NOT mine):

Stockdale 8
Bruno 7
Duffy 6
Dunk 8 (MOM)
Bong 7
Knockaert 7
Norwood 6
Sidwell 7
Murphy 6