Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray's Disallowed Goal

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, I know it fortunately doesn't matter but he was 100% WELL onside - and I mean well onside. You can pause the replay from the TV and their left back is well behind play - probably 12 yards out and Muzza runs from about the edge of the box after the pass is played. That is an absolute shocker from the lino and took away what was a superb finish...

Not seen it mentioned on here and isn't in the Sky highlights that's all :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unless we fail to get promoted on GD again.

Goals change completion of games - we may have lost if it had been given... Devils advocate :)

Jimmy Grimble

Check the highlights thread mate, I've mentioned it and posted pictures which shows he was onside.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's extraordinary how the quality of refs and assistant refs is reducing year by year. There is so little consistency as well.

Jimmy Grimble

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Check the highlights thread mate, I've mentioned it and posted pictures which shows he was onside.

Ah sorry bro I didn't realise :thumbsup: Glad you're on the ball though - it was a ****ing mile onside and their left back was right in front of Lino - hideous decision for a 'top' official to make!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Your pictures don't actually show it, as they're taken a while apart, and you can't see if Murray has come to an onside position from an offside position.

Obviously I realise that won't have happened, given this thread, but it's not in the pictures you posted.

No offence meant :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Here they are again if anyone's missed it:

View attachment 78370View attachment 78371

Yep - second frame is well after he's kicked it too - you can tell that by where the players are looking and the fact the Weds player is 2 yards further upfield. I'd say he's 5 yards onside when that was kicked at least - especially as he'd have come from further back and was moving forward towards the goal too!

Jimmy Grimble

Your pictures don't actually show it, as they're taken a while apart, and you can't see if Murray has come to an onside position from an offside position.

Obviously I realise that won't have happened, given this thread, but it's not in the pictures you posted.

No offence meant :)

I'd say about a second isn't quite a 'while apart'[emoji2]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd say about a second isn't quite a 'while apart'[emoji2]

Prob less than a second - you can tell from normal time he's running onto it so your pics prob don't show just how bad a decision it was if anything!

Jimmy Grimble

Prob less than a second - you can tell from normal time he's running onto it so your pics prob don't show just how bad a decision it was if anything!

Exactly. Possibly 2 yards onside and the defender who's playing him on is about 5 yards away from the lino[emoji44]

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Hughton said after the match that they thought it was onside. So you know if Hughton says it....it's true!
Watched the video a couple of times, he's behind being level so Murray and the Albion were done by a dud linesman.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
100 metres in 10 seconds, equates to 10 metres in one second.
If Murray even ran the 100 metres in20 seconds, he would still have been 5 metres onside.

http://speedendurance.com/2013/04/09/fastest-10-meter-splits/
Not being serious just a smart Arse here but the world record for the first 10m interval of a 100m from a standing start is 1.86 seconds. The speed builds up through the run. Changing direction and Murray's age and being a non elite sprinter would as you say also need to be taken into account.

Brilliant goal though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here