Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winning a game of football without Kayal and Stephens

Now I've seen that happen I can definitely believe Jeremy Corbyn will be prime minister :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The hoodoo has been broken, a point has been proven against the masseeeeve of Sheffield Wednesday :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes, it worked today, but let's not get carried away. Kayal and Stephens back ASAP please.

Debating point. Sidwell and Norwood have obviously worked well together and done a job. Kayal and Stephens together are brilliant. If, though, at some future point, one out of Kayal and Stephens is not available, rather than slotting in one of our back-up CMs, would it be better to bring in Sidwell and Norwood, as a pair? Sometimes the partnership between players can be more important.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, it worked today, but let's not get carried away. Kayal and Stephens back ASAP please.

Debating point. Sidwell and Norwood have obviously worked well together and done a job. Kayal and Stephens together are brilliant. If, though, at some future point, one out of Kayal and Stephens is not available, rather than slotting in one of our back-up CMs, would it be better to bring in Sidwell and Norwood, as a pair? Sometimes the partnership between players can be more important.

Good point - if the same pair sense that the are the second string, then it can bring some affinity and a joint determination to "show 'em".

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think it'll be a while before we see Kayal back sadly.

Someone on Twitter said they saw him yesterday on crutches & with a protective boot - doesn't sound good, although they like to be carful these days. Odd as he said he was fine on Instagram last weekend!

You heard a diagnosis? We know the club like to keep these things under wraps these days. We'll sorely miss him, despite today's result...

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
To have achieved it Norwood must have upped his game somewhat along with a steady Sidwell.

He did - I gave him MoM along with Dunk. Much more assured than when seen him before. Only criticism is he still stays back too long and too often; would like to see him in oppos box more. Sidwell was good although gave ball away cheaply a couple of times in first half.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
What d'ya know?

Yeh, 2 weeks.

Someone on Twitter said they saw him yesterday on crutches & with a protective boot - doesn't sound good, although they like to be carful these days. Odd as he said he was fine on Instagram last weekend!

You heard a diagnosis? We know the club like to keep these things under wraps these days. We'll sorely miss him, despite today's result...

I've been led to believe by a couple of different people that he might be out for several months.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've been led to believe by a couple of different people that he might be out for several months.

Unfortunately I'd predict the same. The bloke on Twitter always seems a nice honest fella. Said Kayal didn't want to discuss length of time but if he's on crutches and protective boot it would suggest a long term injury & seriously hurt our chances I'm afraid :(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kayal can't be out that long as they are talking about sending Richie Towell out on loan in January, which suggests the maximum time Kayal is out is 3 months ???

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Is it though? I'm not sure Towell going out on loan is in any way dependent on Kayal's fitness.
If he was going to be out for 'several months' why would we loan out a central midfielder? If we did, we would only have Stephens, Norwood, Sidwell and Ince. I don't really want Ince anywhere near the first XI.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he was going to be out for 'several months' why would we loan out a central midfielder? If we did, we would only have Stephens, Norwood, Sidwell and Ince. I don't really want Ince anywhere near the first XI.
Haven't seen much sign of Towell being anywhere near consideration for the first XI either. The forgotten man of the squad, it seems. And as for only having Stephens, Sidwell, Norwood and Ince (and I agree that Ince isn't up to it) we only ever play two CMs at once.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here