Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Try reading this story without thinking 'hub-caps', or 'Watch your car, mate?'

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I pay £222/year for a 2 litre petrol....i am happy,that sounds awfully high.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have I read that wrong but does it say the girl from Worcester was paying £600 per month! That's £7200 per year.

I suspect rank poor journalism.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Have I read that wrong but does it say the girl from Worcester was paying £600 per month! That's £7200 per year.

I suspect rank poor journalism.

my 18 year daughter only pays £1800 in her first year of driving......£7200 a year? horrific.....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think we have a winner of your caption competition [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]...

attachment.php

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Last week I insured my 4 litre V8 convertible for £180 fully comp. It's all about shopping around

and being very very old :down:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Last week I insured my 4 litre V8 convertible for £180 fully comp. It's all about shopping around

and being very very old :down:

well,old helps but also it pays to show no loyalty to insurance companies too..the moment the premiums creep it's time to ditch and switch.......

Regarding the old the daughter is getting quotes for her 2nd year at £900 per year,i know insurance has gone up in the past year,but before we got her on the road all i was hearing was horror stories of £3000 to £5000 PA.....so shopping is helpful.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
well,old helps but also it pays to show no loyalty to insurance companies too..the moment the premiums creep it's time to ditch and switch.......

Regarding the old the daughter is getting quotes for her 2nd year at £900 per year,i know insurance has gone up in the past year,but before we got her on the road all i was hearing was horror stories of £3000 to £5000 PA.....so shopping is helpful.

Have you had a black box fitted as these bring down young drivers' insurance significantly

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Have you had a black box fitted as these bring down young drivers' insurance significantly

Yes we did,to be honest she is £400 cheaper without but i am all for keeping it at the moment,to help install a sense of safe and sensible driving on her part..

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes we did,to be honest she is £400 cheaper without but i am all for keeping it at the moment,to help install a sense of safe and sensible driving on her part..

It helps to add you and your wife as named drivers too (assuming you both have clean licences).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It helps to add you and your wife as named drivers too (assuming you both have clean licences).

We do,we have not gone that route yet......could be a re evaluate.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
'Watch Your Car Mate'
Sat in the Burton Albion car park, on the grass bank, a Merc pulled up in front of us. Laughingly I shouted 'Watch your car for £20' but the guy was not amused. As he walked off some fans were getting selfies with him. Matt Palmer, Burton number 16.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
When I moved back south from Liverpool, I made massive savings on all types of insurance. Sadly but obviously, Liverpool is always going to be more costly in terms of insurance than Eastbourne.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have been quoted between £160 and £220 renewal for an old car although I live out in the sticks these days. Liverpool is no worse really than other big cities for car crime these days overall although there still are some disaster areas - even parts of Toxteth are quite nice these days although I wouldn't want to move back. The city was always more expensive though than the surrounds.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I have been quoted between £160 and £220 renewal for an old car although I live out in the sticks these days. Liverpool is no worse really than other big cities for car crime these days overall although there still are some disaster areas - even parts of Toxteth are quite nice these days although I wouldn't want to move back. The city was always more expensive though than the surrounds.
As far as I'm concerned scousers get an undeserved bad press, never been treated anything other than really well up there, top, top people.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here