Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Avira AV

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Anyone else use this Anti-Virus Product ?

Mine just alerted me to a Trojan, that it was trying to download as part of its own update process ???

Type: File
Source: C:\Users\xx\Downloads\avira-free.exe
Quarantine object: 221d9bb8.qua
Restored: NO
Uploaded to Avira: YES
Operating system: Windows XP/VISTA Workstation/Windows 7
Search engine: 8.03.40.198
Virus definition file: 8.12.122.14
Detection: TR/Samca.gbjkm
Date/Time: 01/10/2016, 07:09

I have reported this to them. It will be interesting to see if there are any other reports of this ?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Anyone else use this Anti-Virus Product ?

Mine just alerted me to a Trojan, that it was trying to download as part of its own update process ???

Type: File
Source: C:\Users\xx\Downloads\avira-free.exe
Quarantine object: 221d9bb8.qua
Restored: NO
Uploaded to Avira: YES
Operating system: Windows XP/VISTA Workstation/Windows 7
Search engine: 8.03.40.198
Virus definition file: 8.12.122.14
Detection: TR/Samca.gbjkm
Date/Time: 01/10/2016, 07:09

I have reported this to them. It will be interesting to see if there are any other reports of this ?

I have used avira for many years and never had any problems. It may be just a false positive(it thinking something is a Trojan when it's not).
Download antimalwarebytes and do a scan with that as well.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I have used avira for many years and never had any problems. It may be just a false positive(it thinking something is a Trojan when it's not).
Download antimalwarebytes and do a scan with that as well.

So have you received avira updates today ? I am using the free version

First thing I did was run malwarebytes as expected it found nothing. The suspect trojan was in the avira update and avira quarantined it.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
So have you received avira updates today ? I am using the free version

First thing I did was run malwarebytes as expected it found nothing. The suspect trojan was in the avira update and avira quarantined it.

My avira has updated and never had a problem, I also have the free versio. It is most definitely a false positive, for example my avira picks up antimalwarebytes as a Trojan. Basically avira has picked up some that is able to make changes if not from a trusted source, unfortunately it sounds like avira has picked up its own update :ffsparr:
I would just ignore and carry on as usual, I'm sure the next update will correct it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My avira has updated and never had a problem, I also have the free versio. It is most definitely a false positive, for example my avira picks up antimalwarebytes as a Trojan. Basically avira has picked up some that is able to make changes if not from a trusted source, unfortunately it sounds like avira has picked up its own update :ffsparr:
I would just ignore and carry on as usual, I'm sure the next update will correct it.

While I haven't a clue about what you are talking about Swillis, my thirty year old son does 😁
I was amazed what he can watch on his 4k telly.
He may be arrested at anytime soon :ohmy:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
While I haven't a clue about what you are talking about Swillis, my thirty year old son does ��
I was amazed what he can watch on his 4k telly.
He may be arrested at anytime soon :ohmy:

Has he got kodi, I know how much you love discussing that :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here