Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton v Palace

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just noticed that there is one of those funky new Friday night Premier League affairs tonight.

And what better way to thrill the nation than show Palace, as they continue their chase for a European spot.

Not only that, the fixture gives the Croydon massive the opportunity to tell those scousers just what they think about them nicking their Bolasie song.

(Come on you Toffees!)

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I think it should be a decent game, two pretty level teams from what I have seen this year. Looking forward to a bit of Friday night football in the Premier League

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Following on from the "is football in meltdown" thread - and given that I've now admitted to having a Sky box - I think I'd rather consume my own underpants than bother with this.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
OK, I'll stick £20 on a Palace win and then can only be upset with a draw.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Textbook...

Posted at 16 mins
Well played Wilfried Zaha. He drives at pace down the right, leaving a trio of Everton men in his wake. Unfortunately for Palace, his low cross is too close to Martin Stekelenburg, who gathers.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Nice free kick. Alan Smith bleating on about the handball, he only had his hands up because of the high boot.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The BBC reporting some boos from Everton fans, understandably disgusted that their team didn't take the easy and expected three points.

Meanwhile, I imagine there will be dancing on the streets of Croydon tonight. That point could prove vital come the end of the season for a European place/relegation avoidance*.

(* - delete as applicable)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
But the goldstone was far far quieter.
There were times that it was quiet, I remember a 0-0 against Grimsby (Chivers' debut) when the Goldstone was like a morgue, but other times it was electric. Night games were always the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here