Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

xls files

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's an Excel file so you need that or something like Open Office to open it. Basically anything that can open a spreadsheet.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Have you tried just double-clicking it? You may well already have a program that can view it. If not and you are on Chrome then try opening it via Google Sheets

https://www.google.co.uk/sheets/about/

Or you can download Excel Viewer free and install on your PC and this will then let you view the file

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=10

Edit - just noticed that you said you need to edit (add info) the spreadsheet. Not sure if Viewer will let you do that. Download Open Office Spreadsheets as previously suggested.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
BG, there's this thing called 'Google'. Quicker to type things in there. That's how I've become so proficient at these things.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
BG, there's this thing called 'Google'. Quicker to type things in there. That's how I've become so proficient at these things.

If we all did that there would be no need for most of the threads on NSC. The forum is a great place for advice from people with first - hand experience.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

No need for sarcasm. I'm sure we all use Google, but it's nice to get advice from people we "know", and people enjoy helping others. Google's a bit sterile, and the correct answers can get drowned out in deluge of irrelevant results.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
X-Files-Mulder-Scully.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No need for sarcasm. I'm sure we all use Google, but it's nice to get advice from people we "know", and people enjoy helping others. Google's a bit sterile, and the correct answers can get drowned out in deluge of irrelevant results.

You are correct I use google a lot but on some things it gives so many options that it becomes bewildering and somewhat confusing as to the best course of action. With the help of NSC and then my daughter in law I have overcome the problem, many thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here