Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 17

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Who's playing? What's the verdict? I think there's a big improvement over last year's, love the "Seagulls" chant from the crowd. Whenever I buy FIFA, first thing I do is watch an AI vs AI game to demonstrate the realism and it plays a much more realistic game this year, I don't know if that's down to the new Frostbite engine but it doesn't seem like a game of pinball around the box this year, the forwards create chances and sometimes have a pop from the edge of the area, something that was lacking in previous versions. Oh and Murray actually looks like Murray, even from a distance, the rest of the team not so much like their real life counterparts.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Saw some screenshots of Dunk, Kayal and Stephens and they looked nothing like them. Murray and AK were good though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Saw some screenshots of Dunk, Kayal and Stephens and they looked nothing like them. Murray and AK were good though.

Players who have been in Prem squads usually have a proper "facemap", so Kaz would always look right previously whilst pretty much the rest of the squad would be generic templates loosely based on the player.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'll always be pro evo till I die✊

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I'll always be pro evo till I die✊

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I've got both, PES is better for gameplay but EA have upped their game this year because they know Konami are catching up. I can't resist the presentation element of FIFA though

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I only play online seasons so not sure I've noticed it will hear the 'seagulls' chant...

I do like the subtle changes but doesn't seem that different to last year as per usual. Same screens (like end of game) which makes it seem like last one. We're mugs for keep buying it. So far 5wins 1draw including this:

image.jpeg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh & I play PS3 still - not sure if I'm a big minority or not? :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You can get the new Xbox one S and FIFA 17 for 199.99 from Amazon and tesco

Don't play it enough to justify a new console although £150 sounds very good for a PS4...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My Dad picked the bundle up today for £149.99.

I think I'm going to bite. PS4, Fifa 17 and Uncharted 4 for under £150.

Don't think the bundle has FIFA 17 in it though - you'd need to pay the extra £40 for that. Looks very good though - it's same console as other one (500) too just not slimline...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The Journey mode looks brilliant from what I've seen on YouTube. I got rid of my Xbox 360 4 or 5 years ago and stuck to FM (though I didn't play 2016 much as it was shit) but I'm tempted to bag the upgrade after watching the gameplay.. Probably has quite a limited lifespan though, I imagine when you've played it through once it'd be pretty boring second time around.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Don't think the bundle has FIFA 17 in it though - you'd need to pay the extra £40 for that. Looks very good though - it's same console as other one (500) too just not slimline...

100% includes Fifa 17.

Add your second game, click buy/reserve, go to trolley, £149.99.

Click for Argos link

And yeah, it's the original 500GB console, they're clearing them out.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Any idea if that is in store too? If so I can get it for £135 now with discount that it's owned by Sainsbury's

Out of stock in store as far as I can see.
I will have a look after midnight or tomorrow morning to see if it's updated the stock in Brighton.

I will never get a Sony product, I know I'm a fool.
Here is a good link about HDR on the existing ps4 #worth a read

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/09/ps4-hdr-no-games-media-useless/

Coincidence! I just finished reading that article before seeing your post.
I still think I'll go for the PS4 as my little brothers are on there.

But the Xbox One S looks a great deal, especially with proper HDR and 4K drive.
However I can't find the £199.99 deal.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here