Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quick or Fast ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Quick or Fast ? Which word do you use? I almost always use "quick" as I'm from Sussex (southern England). Fast is for northerners.

Test: who is the quickest/fastest/most rapid/swiftest winger?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never really thought about it as I don't think the words are that similar and therefore not interchangeable. Fast refers to speed, and quick refers to time

For example, I would never say "You are driving to quick" or "We need to have a fast chat"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Never really thought about it as I don't think the words are that similar and therefore not interchangeable. Fast refers to speed, and quick refers to time

For example, I would never say "You are driving to quick" or "We need to have a fast chat"

but people do say "he's a quick winger". and as i type this i think i might say (or have said to me) "you're driving too quickly". never "to quick" though, not been there :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quick or Fast ? Which word do you use? I almost always use "quick" as I'm from Sussex (southern England). Fast is for northerners.

Test: who is the quickest/fastest/most rapid/swiftest winger?

Both seem to work when describing the speed at which you disappear without comment when questions surrounding your stupid Penge idea that nearly financially crippled the club surface once again on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here