Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RAF Regiment Gunner - Missing since Saturday (Suffolk)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
5 days missing, very worrying considering some of the recent abduction attempts on servicemen.

Corrie went out last Saturday night in Bury St Edmunds and didn't return back to base at Honington.
No contact with friends or family.
CCTV picks him up around 03:30 apparently sleeping in a doorway temporarily before heading back off.

Hoping for the best.

14492395_10154648945693689_842207743042466853_n.jpg

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/story/2016-09-28/missing-raf-serviceman/

http://www.forces.tv/57994614

http://stv.tv/news/east-central/1368416-cctv-images-released-in-hunt-for-missing-raf-serviceman/?utm_content=bufferca6b7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-37488836

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
5 days missing, very worrying considering some of the recent abduction attempts on servicemen.

Corrie went out last Saturday night in Bury St Edmunds and didn't return back to base at Honington.
No contact with friends or family.
CCTV picks him up around 03:30 apparently sleeping in a doorway temporarily before heading back off.

Hoping for the best.

14492395_10154648945693689_842207743042466853_n.jpg

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/story/2016-09-28/missing-raf-serviceman/

http://www.forces.tv/57994614

http://stv.tv/news/east-central/1368416-cctv-images-released-in-hunt-for-missing-raf-serviceman/?utm_content=bufferca6b7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-37488836

Definitely very worrying, having been missing for so long. Not sure why you'd bother trying to conflate this with 'Abduction attempts' though, when everything about the story - a young man simply getting drunk, sleeping in a doorway, then trying to stagger home 3 miles across fields - suggests nothing more sinister than an avoidable accident.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Not sure why you'd bother trying to conflate this with 'Abduction attempts' though

First thing that came to mind, unfortunately.
After serving in the RAF Regiment at Honington, and the repeated warnings about being cautious of your surroundings and people who will cause you harm, even in little Bury, down the road.
Plus the recent abduction attempts and the murder of a serviceman.

That's probably why.

Of course the simplest explanation could always be the right one. Got into trouble walking home across the fields, as you put it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hope he is alright, although signs not good being a serviceman drunk and staggering home he should by now have been found by now or found his way back to base/home.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Definitely very worrying, having been missing for so long. Not sure why you'd bother trying to conflate this with 'Abduction attempts' though, when everything about the story - a young man simply getting drunk, sleeping in a doorway, then trying to stagger home 3 miles across fields - suggests nothing more sinister than an avoidable accident.

And you can be 100% certain it isnt abduction can you ? No thought not , so no harm in mentioning it as a possibility.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And you can be 100% certain it isnt abduction can you ? No thought not , so no harm in mentioning it as a possibility.

Of course not. There's a difference between 'mentioning it as a possibility' and immediately rushing to that conclusion, though. This is exactly what the sick ****ers want - for everyone to be in constant fear of them.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
My Grandfather, my 2 Great-Uncles, including one who didn't live to see 1945 and my 2 Great-Aunts all served in the RAF during WW2. My Father briefly served in the RAF too in the early 1960's.

I sincerely hope this lad is found safe and well.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I really hope he's found alive and well.

On a related note, it's a very sad state of affairs when servicemen and women in this country are advised not to wear uniforms in public. In the past when I've seen them wearing their kit (usually on trains) I've often noticed people (and I've done it too) going up and telling them how proud they are of them.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Was told not to wear uniform during the 70s IRA times, even down to having your hat on your suitcase which was the best way of getting lifts at the time; thought that was still the case other than ceremonial duties tbh

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
On a related note, it's a very sad state of affairs when servicemen and women in this country are advised not to wear uniforms in public.

Was told not to wear uniform during the 70s IRA times; thought that was still the case other than ceremonial duties.

Yep, no uniform in public.
Don't reveal your service ID.
Keep Facebook profile Private.
Don't post service related photo's of yourself.
Thoroughly check your car every time before use.
Stay in pairs when visiting local towns near base, etc, etc.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yep, no uniform in public.
Don't reveal your service ID.
Keep Facebook profile Private.
Don't post service related photo's of yourself.
Thoroughly check your car every time before use.
Stay in pairs when visiting local towns near base, etc, etc.

I've got a nephew down in Plymouth. He can more than look after himself but even so...

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I really hope he's found alive and well.

On a related note, it's a very sad state of affairs when servicemen and women in this country are advised not to wear uniforms in public. In the past when I've seen them wearing their kit (usually on trains) I've often noticed people (and I've done it too) going up and telling them how proud they are of them.

Unfortunately it's the same with most state authority figures including the police and the armed forces. Sad indeed but as a previous posted mentioned re the IRA in the 70's that those who wish to terrorise the general population will attack the most prominent members of that society. Let's just hope everything for the gentleman in question is ok and he is found safe and well

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Unfortunately it's the same with most state authority figures including the police and the armed forces. Sad indeed but as a previous posted mentioned re the IRA in the 70's that those who wish to terrorise the general population will attack the most prominent members of that society. Let's just hope everything for the gentleman in question is ok and he is found safe and well

Is it advisory or now a regulation? It's just that as I said earlier for the past few years until quite recently I did sometimes see soldiers in combat uniform and kit bags at stations and on trains presumably to or from their base.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I suspect, and I don't usually speculate, but I would say that if this were something more sinister (terror related), the perps would be milking this and using it to further their own agenda, rather than simply vanishing beneath the radar.

Whatever though, it's a major concern.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I suspect, and I don't usually speculate, but I would say that if this were something more sinister (terror related), the perps would be milking this and using it to further their own agenda, rather than simply vanishing beneath the radar.

Whatever though, it's a major concern.

Or they are and it's being suppressed.

My guess is he is lying in a ditch unfortunately.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Of course not. There's a difference between 'mentioning it as a possibility' and immediately rushing to that conclusion, though. This is exactly what the sick ****ers want - for everyone to be in constant fear of them.
He didn't rush to conclude....... he simply put it out there as context for his central point, that being it was worrying that he was missing.

I really think you see conspiracy in everything HKFC...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Police have widened the search for a missing RAF serviceman.

Corrie McKeague - based at RAF Honington - was last seen in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, over a week ago.
A police helicopter and a team of 26 officers, search and rescue volunteers and RAF police have been searching the area between the base and the town.
Police have released CCTV footage and photos of the clothes the 23-year-old wore on the night he was last seen - as his mother said she fears he may have been abducted.

Nicola Urquhart told The Sunday Times the possibility of kidnap "has been mentioned by the police and it's not something they would rule out".

Mrs Urquhart added: "It's looking more and more suspicious as time goes on that they're not actually finding him. It (kidnapping) is something that they're-thinking of.
"Obviously it is something they're looking at, but it's certainly not something they're shouting about to me."
Bury St Edmunds is about 30 miles from RAF Marham, where two men of middle eastern appearance tried to kidnap an RAF serviceman who was out running near the base in July.

Mr McKeague was last seen at about 3.20am on 24 September and police believe he may have been in the area of Mildenhall, a small market town where there is another RAF base about 15 miles north west of Bury St Edmunds, between 4.30am and 8am the same day.
Police are trying to trace anyone who may have seen or spoken to him and have released photographs of the pink Ralph Lauren polo shirt and brown suede Timberland boots he is believed to have been wearing.
Police said people blurred out in the CCTV featuring Mr McKeague have been eliminated from the inquiry.

Mr McKeague, from Fife in Scotland, is white, 5ft 10ins, of medium build and has short light brown hair.
Chief Inspector Steve Denham said: "This behaviour is totally out of character for Corrie and we are very concerned for his welfare.
"We are still examining CCTV in Bury St Edmunds town centre and urging any friends or members of the public who may have seen or spoken to Corrie over the course of the evening of Friday 23 September and the early hours of Saturday 24 September in Bury St Edmunds to come forward.
"We are also appealing for people or drivers in the local area or further afield who may have seen him after our last confirmed sighting of him on Brentgovel Street at 3.20am to contact us."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here