Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refs next ??

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I've often thought that a referee viewed positively by all fans is likely to be worse than most. At least they're not dodging the contraversial decisions.

Obviously, they all make mistakes from time to time but that's unsurprising considering players are doing their level best to cheat the system ('winning a free kick/penalty' is a hateful phrase) whilst 'expert' pundits will watch the same incident a few hundred times from different angles before proclaiming it a 'poor decision'.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Lots of issues here.
Maybe refs have been a target of a sting but because the targets all came away sparkling clean we don't know about it. I'd like to think this was true.
Dissent. With Bongs recent booking in mind for him doing nothing more than flinging his arm at the ref from 10 yards, are the refs coming onto the pitch with this in mind rather than other things. Walking around thinking 'I must book someone for dissent today' because of a pre-match memo. A we saying that no PL player did this last weekend?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think, and desperately hope, that you are right. If corruption is widespread amongst the refereeing fraternity, then football really is in serious trouble.

I just can't see how it would not have come out by now, if the papers wanted to really get a story it would be the refs, so I imagine they have tried a number of times.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told by a then Div 1 ref that at get togethers they were warned about players conning them and one player highlighted was Peter Ward tripping himself to get penalties. It seemed if Taylor from Dover seemed to give him a penalty viftually every game he officiated at of ours.

I think, and desperately hope, that you are right. If corruption is widespread amongst the refereeing fraternity, then football really is in serious trouble.

Football in trouble? Never heard the like of it??? Its always had its problems but the injection of sky cash has seen all the creeps and scum appear and slush around in the filth that is sky cash,football died a while back in case you didn't notice:ffsparr:"my season ticket is really good value at £700" Is it is it really?:mad:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Football in trouble? Never heard the like of it??? Its always had its problems but the injection of sky cash has seen all the creeps and scum appear and slush around in the filth that is sky cash,football died a while back in case you didn't notice:ffsparr:"my season ticket is really good value at £700" Is it is it really?:mad:

Just over £600 for my season ticket in the WSL actually. A lot of money I know. But like it or not if I want to watch football from my seat, that is what I have to pay..

Frankly I don't know what I would do if I couldn't watch the Albion on a Saturday afternoon. Helping the wife by pushing a trolley around the supermarket really isn't an option.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here