Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hasslebank

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The video I have just seen doesn't do him any favours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hasselbaink[/B] FFS

:shootself:lolol::rolleyes:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think the QPR fans will be happy if be goes. From what I have seen they are pretty fed up with him already. He has a similar record to Ramsey and want him gone due to no plan b.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think the telegraph are treading on dangerous grounds.
Yes they are unearthing the greed that exists within English football.Not really
Earth shattering stuff is it.
I'm not sure that these revelations will
Increase the readership of this paper.
Instead of reading about the possible
Dealings that this paper has uncovered.
I would be more interested to read about how much money this newspaper has invested in setting up
These situations.How many of these stings were set up with players/managers that didn't take the bait.
Bagging the England manager is a good catch but they haven't really backed it up.
Or have they

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
tomorrow the Telegraph reveals that the Oldham kit manager once voted twice for the same act on X Factor...

Hasslebank was offered money to do a speech and he was negotiating a potential fee, that's all I saw. Is there anything wrong with that?

Dec 29, 2011
Yes they are unearthing the greed that exists within English football.Not really
I would be more interested to read about how much money this newspaper has invested in setting up
These situations.How many of these stings were set up with players/managers that didn't take the bait.
Bagging the England manager is a good catch but they haven't really backed it up.
Or have they

Am I a meant to read this as a poem?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I can't see why he'd be sacked if I'm honest.

The FA were always going to have to let Allardyce go if there was even a hint of dodgy dealings (let alone a videotape) after the way they've handled previous 'scandals' (JT) and the way they (rightfully) criticised after FIFA regarding the world cup bidding.

A club (QPR) doesn't have the same obligation (for want of a better word) as their public perception is nowhere near as important as the FA's is. I'm sure they all want to be seen in a postive light but, ultimately, it doesn't really matter in the same way as long as the fans are happy(ish).

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
tomorrow the Telegraph reveals that the Oldham kit manager once voted twice for the same act on X Factor...

Hasslebank was offered money to do a speech and he was negotiating a potential fee, that's all I saw. Is there anything wrong with that?
Nothing to see here. You can vote as many times as you want for the same act on The X Factor.........allegedly

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing to see here. You can vote as many times as you want for the same act on The X Factor.........allegedly

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ah, but this is a question of moral values and professional values. Surely by voting twice for the same act the viewer is circumventing the laws of fair play. If I were a Premier League chairman I would sack the manager. There is the question of why they were watching it in the first place.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Or have they

These are not 'stings' or 'honeytraps' these are identified persons that love a back hander, then they went after them, I agree not particularly big hitters, but at what point did someone say I know for a good story lets 'get at' Tommy Wright', I mean who is he .......

On a wider point I would be concerned if I am an owner of a club and my management team are signing players based on the cash kickback rather than their overall suitability for my club, also for young English players that has no real value to a corrupt coach that might prefer to spend the clubs money on a multi million pound (likely foreign import) with some leverage of more cashback than say offer opportunity to a good 19 year old academy prospect quickly invalidating the multi millions ££££ invested in that academy and staff within it.

Finally of course its the fans that are getting shafted, yes mainly the fans .....

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Ah, but this is a question of moral values and professional values. Surely by voting twice for the same act the viewer is circumventing the laws of fair play. If I were a Premier League chairman I would sack the manager. There is the question of why they were watching it in the first place.

the Telegraph sting was offering the guy 3 different mobile phones to vote from. It's probably the darkest day in reality TV ever. Sack him, sack his family and force him to walk in a hair shirt to Canterbury. Then sack the Archbishop there.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Or have they

It's called investigative journalism and it PROVES what a lot of people have thought. As shown with the MP expenses revelations, the Tele is VERY good at these type of stories. Very newsworthy I would say and increasing newspaper sales wouldn't necessarily be the main aim.

Personally I think there is not enough of this type of work going on – not everyone wants to read front page stories about why some celebrity couple are splitting up or the latest 'drama' happening on a reality TV show.

Just yesterday I read an article in i that had appeared in the Evening Standard last Friday. The i even bylined the ES at the bottom, showing that they can't even be fecked to try and fill their own pages with bespoke content!

Having said that, from what I've read about what JFH said, I can't see anything wrong in what he's done. Asked to go somewhere to speak to people for cash? And...? (Or is there more to it that I've missed?)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here